nasil drip

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ive just read down the page, and i have the same problem, but its the taste and smell that comes from my breath is the hardest part, this is effecting my personal life, any advice please. ive tried the nasil rinse, even antibiotics, and forever using mouth wash.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ann, yes that can be very difficult to deal with. I've also had to deal with that before I became very ill. The problem disappeared once I cleaned up my diet and ate lots of highly nutritious foods and took probiotics. Hope that helps and good luck
  • Posted

Oh and I forgot to add - drink lots of water!!
    • Posted

Funny you should mention wine, wine was a big problem for me. That's when I started noticing my throat clearing problem. Do you have a white coating on your tongue. Sorry I know it's a bit of a weird question.
    • Posted

Yes i do, but not much, im convinced it has alot to do with my love of wine.
    • Posted

Hi Ann, do you have LPR or acid reflux? If so how are you managing it?
    • Posted

Similar to me then - my white tongue is not extreme but yeast overgrowth was found in my stool test. So no wonder wine was affecting me
    • Posted

yes julie i have acid reflux, i take pariet stomach tablets.
    • Posted

Hi Anastasia, really,really miss the red wine and coffee, that's why it's such a miserable condition.
    • Posted

Yes I am on a very simple diet. No alcohol, no wheat, no sugar, no dairy. I am basically on fish, chicken, veg, nuts and seeds and very small amounts of fruit, oats and brown rice. It has definitely helped. I will soon start to reintroduce as I am feeling that I am healing finally.
    • Posted

yes julie im in the uk, pariet stomach tablets, i tried others, but these ease any pain. i drink white wine, dont mind giving up things if it helps the nasil drip and bad breath, but would really miss the wine.
    • Posted

I totally know where you are coming from, but as I have learnt it helps to look at the positives. Your body is telling you something is not quite right and y
    • Posted

Sorry the message got sent before i finished.

Your body is telling you something is not quite right and you have the opportunity to get it back into balance - I'm sure you will be able to enjoy a glass of wine again when you are better. It's funny how we attach ourselves to food/drink. I miss wine, chocolate and cream cakes. And when I ate these things I would overindulge very often. So my body basically said - enough is enough. I now look at food differently. How could I expect my body to work if I didn't treat it with respect. I now understand that all too well. But one day we will eat cake - but just a slice and not the whole cake 😉

• Posted

Hi Anastasia, it's great that you're so positive. Has it taken you a while to get better? I suppose that you hope that your journey won't be too long!
    • Posted

Ahh thanks Julie, it helps to hear that. Well so far about 6 months of really trying so fingers crossed not too long to go. Hope yours doesn't take too long either x
    • Posted

Brilliant reply Anatasia! Your body truly is a wonderfull machine and just needs the right fuel - food! Cars wont run on water so the same thinking applies here. PPI's all seem to work for a few months then one starts feeling really crook and fail to associate it with the meds. Most doctors then seem to prescribe an H2 blocker AS WELL and next thing you know you are up to 2X 20mg nexium etc. once you get off this merry- go-round to nowhere you really do get your life back. Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.