Nasty Panic Attack

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had a bad night last night. I was on the third day of my period and I was feeling fine all day and then all of a sudden when I was getting ready for bed I got this pain in the back of my neck. Then my shoulders and neck felt real stiff. So I asked my husband to massage my neck and shoulders. When I got into bed I drifted off to sleep but was suddenly awakened by this panicky feeling followed by heart palpatations and then my left eye felt like it was jumping. Then I kept feeling this buzzing sensation moving around in my head. Ugh! It was the worst experience. All I could do was lie there and wait for it to pass. I hate these symptoms and can't wait for them to go away for good! I have been having really good days lately since I have been consistently taking my vitamins but I guess every now and then we still get these incidents here and there. Sorry just needed to vent.

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

when I read you're post above, it's like it could have been written by me.

i too have better weeks and then it just hits me again.

i still can't believe that this is all down to peri menopause as it's so nasty I have thought on many occasions that I am seriously I'll or dying.

i hope you feel better again soon, and hope that you know that you are not alone in this as unfortunately so many women seem to be suffering such debilitating symptoms. I feel for you so much and can only hope that these episodes get less and less and finally get the message to bugger off once and for all because they're really unwanted!

anyway, my rant over too, hope you feel better soon and hopefully some more ladies will be on here shortly with more support too.

Kx

• Posted

Thank you so much for the encouragement. This forum has helped me in so many ways. Maybe when we get through all of this we can celebrate together somehow, I know we all live in different parts of the world but anything is possible.
    • Posted

This forum is wonderful sometimes it's hard to talk to people who haven't been through it or are going through it and you just need to tell someone and I tell all you ladies....thank you x
    • Posted

The blessing in it is to have people to talk to who know and understand not only what you're going through but can actually put themselves in your place because they are or have been going through the same thing.
  • Posted

I feel for you. I think the weird head sensations are what scare me the moat. I always think I'm dying and then seem to take forever to get the cloudy feeling to go away

• Posted

Yeah because all of these fearful thoughts start filling my head like I'm dying or having a stroke or heart attack. It's very frightening!
    • Posted

Yes you're right it's really frightening every ache or strange sensation I think my time is up which then triggers an anxiety attack. I've had anxiety attacks on and off for 30 years and its frightens me they're become more regular but one thing I was taught was these thoughts are what we put in our head they're not there normally so we have to tell our thoughts to bog off! :-)
    • Posted

Yes, it is our own nervous impulse that can trigger those thoughts.. I have to keep reminding myself that all of these things are my crazy hormones again.
  • Posted

Hi Sharcerv

oh honey thats not nice, with you being on a period and hormones on a high again 

( as other wise you wouldnt have a period) maybe its the erratic up and downs again..

as you know I am 10 years peri ( age 50) no period for almost a year, so my hormones have naturally lowered natural route, with aid of what i mentioned previously... but still a blip occurs from time to time... even this far down the peri road..

hope you have a better day and a restful night tonight ...

try breathing in slowly and exhaling slowly it relaxes you ... Jay xx

• Posted

Yeah, that's what I usually do to make it subside is the breathing. But I woke up still feeling the effects from last night. Well, I'm comforted by the fact that it's not like this everyday.
  • Posted

It's really horrible isn't it I do feel for you.  I have the same as you and what I hate the most is the unpredictability of it. You can have a great day and then bam it happens or you can have a lousy day and bam it happens! My latest thing is vertigo and then the feeling that comes and goes with lightheadedness again when I'm not expecting it! I'm also getting dry eye which is another thing! Oh the joys.  Anyway you vent away :-) 
    • Posted

Aaaaaw! Bless your heart, thank you. Yeah the unpredictability of it all is a challenge. I want to return to the work force now that my baby is one year old but feel hesitant because of these symptoms. I don't want to be out sick or leaving work sick all the time and end up losing my job.
    • Posted

I think keeping your mind occupied is a good thing so if you feel ready to return to work do it.  I'm studying for a course and if I get the anxiety jitters I go do some work and it does help.  Having my LO keeps my mind occupied during the day my anxiety is worse at night. Good luck x
    • Posted

Thankfully that seems to be when it strikes me too at night. Yeah I do need to keep busy. My sister was telling me the same. I know going back to work would make a tremendous difference.
    • Posted

The reason it's night time is because that's when everything starts to wind down in the day, children a bed start to relax and our bodies say 'woo why is everything stopping' and where normal body response is 'great time to chill' our bodies get 'panicky and then anxiety kicks in' you can tell I've done a stress management course can't you ;-) I have reflexology every 6-8 weeks and I'm forever jumping when I feel my body relaxing it's quite funny really my reflexologist is used to me now !
    • Posted

I guess that makes sense. I should invest in a stress management course. I need to go a massage and spa place just to unwind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.