National Insurance Credits - what is qualification criteria????

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was claiming JSA on and off during the 2017/2018 tax year and in receipt of NI credits only.

The period I was claiming is as follows and detailed in attached image:

Claim period 1:   19 May 2017 to 08 June 2017

Claim period 2:   14 July 2017 to 14 September 2017

Claim period 3:   21 December 2017 to 16 April 2018

****End of tax year 05 April 2018***

I believe the DWP credit a  qualifying period between Sunday to Saturday?

Just as an example, if someone started a claim on a Monday and closed a claim on a Friday would they be eligible for a weeks NI credit??

I have been credited 22 weeks for the 2017/2018 tax year which I believe is incorrect. I estimate that I should be credited between 25 and 27 weeks, depending on how the days are credited.

Can anyone give a definitive answer???

I know a couple of weeks NI credits don't amount to much, but even to claim what I have, my local Job Centre have gone out of their way to make my claims as difficult as possible, so as a matter of principle I am determined to claim for what I am rightfully entitled to.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark

There's a week of waiting days at the start of your claim unless they link ie within 12 weeks of previous one ending.

I imagine that's why there's not a match up in your calculation as those days don't get you an NI credit

Take care

Wendy

• Posted

Sorry Mark also meant to say a part week won't get NI credit either.

Sorry x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.