Natural Alternative to PPI

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know things like Slippery Elm and Psyllium Husk help. But are these or any other natural herb/plant strong enough to cure severe Gastritis/Ulcer?

Can these completely replace or be used as an alternative to PPIs? Please share your experiences.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Slippery Elm and Psylium Husk coat your stomach whereas PPIs block acid secretion. Now in theory these plant extracts should work but the problem is I dont know for how long Slippery Elm and Psyllium Husk coat/protect your stomach lining, consuming them every few hours is impractical because you have to be empty stomach in order to get maximum effect.
  • Posted

Does anyone have any experience with these?
  • Posted

I feel Slippery Elm and Psyllium Husk do provide effective help. However it may be still better if one uses PPIs.
  • Posted

How long PPi use is safe?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.