Natural anxiety remedies

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've spent basically the better part of 22 hours on Google.. Yes, I know. Big mistake. I've went from having panic attacks and health anxiety about heart attacks to my current issue, heart failure.. I'm getting off my meds and hoping for the best from now on. My mind is so exhausted from overthinking and going in circles feverishly looking for problems.. Has anyone ever just stopped meds and tried the all natural anxiety remedy of counseling and breathing techniques?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I never took medicines and do it naturally i can tell you what works for me if ya like
    • Posted

Yes please. Do you have health anxiety? I can't imagine doing this without meds but I just feel like I'm trying to get through everyday without enjoying it and I'm over it.
    • Posted

Please share. I don't take mess and my anxiety level is +++++ . I worry about everything and one little pain I have something very serious. Please share.
  • Posted

Meds aren't essential,therapy (not the same as counselling) works well. Don't expect natural remedies to do much, realistically they can't and don't do much more than the placebo effect
    • Posted

I do acupressure and positive talk and it works
  • Posted

first of all delaina never just stop your meds you have to be weaned off them in the past i know espescially with citalopram they are horrible just to stop and have horrible side effects. I use aromatherapy oils and meditation as I believe in the holistic rather than the conventional but I know that even the natural way sometimes isnt enough and we need a little kick start. I have found this is the worst time I have ever gone through in all my years of suffering from anxiety and depression but I have the double whammy of going through the menapause as well. I am a great believer in natural therapy but this time it beat me,although Im still meditating using oils and drinking chamolile tea. Im hoping in another month I will reduce the meds and just use the natural remedies again. for the first time in my life I will be using cbt and I am going to have hypnotherapy as I want to be able to be happy and anxiety free if thats possible after all these years. Ive been told yoga is very good too my lovely
  • Posted

First you have to wean off whatever you are on. I thought you were on celexa. Your doctor needs to be aware you are weaning off. Then see a alternative doctor to guide you with natural remedies. Natural remedies arm the body with the nitrient it needs or get depleted from as a effect of anxiety. Typical natural remedies are a good reputable b complex, b12, magnessium glycinate and then a healthy diet geared to high magnessium foods and high potassium foods and balanced. Keep very hydrated many are dehydrated and dont realize it. Sugar levels (natural sugar levels from fruits and such) have to be kept level. Grazing is better then a huge meal. Great foods to add to your diet are celery,  wild frozen blueberries, papaya, mangoes (at night help sleep), bananas and avacadoes. They are good for anxiety. If you cant sleep suntheanine l theanine is useful. Everyone probably has something to add to this. Your true best bet is to see an alternative doctor to guide you. You will need to revisit and relearn cbt, mindfullness and proper belly breathing and meditatiins. 
  • Posted

Consider therapy to learn how to cope with anxiety/panic

Stay off google

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I agree with Lynn Delaina stay off google alright for general factual stuff but definately not medical at least on herepeople are experienced to a degree as they have gone through anxiety depression ect 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.