Natural progesterone

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am thinking about going on the natural progesterone to help with my paplpitations 

I had a bad few days crying, palpitations and arguing with my boyfriend 

I put myself in the phsych unit but they only kept me in for the night because the social worker that put me in saw that I was crying and not coping to good The doctors released me the next day since I am not suicidal they said I can work it out with my outside doctor. 

Just a bad weekcry

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi susan 

see a gyno about any hrt 

natural progesterone is still HRT

jay x

• Posted

Ahh Susan I feel for you.  I have palpitations due to my anxiety and often feel like crying and just going to bed forever.  Go and see yur GP and discuss options...you can't go on like this.  I am on HRT and it has helped with feelings of rage and other symptoms.  My anxiety continues but the gaps between episodes is longer and I feel I have more of a clearer head to deal with it.  Good luck.XXXX
  • Posted

Hi  Susan,

Try magnesium for palpitations it helped me, had them really bad a couple of years ago, took myself to A&E. I now take magneisium OK available at Boots.  Im Peri so know exactly how you feel.  Come on here when you are feeling bad for support, we are all going through the same thing, i fairly new here and this is really a godsend for me.

xx

• Posted

Oh I did not know about mg for palpitations.....will think about that for myself.  Thanks.XX
  • Posted

its terrible what we hae to suffer, try relax and doing things nice every day however small, keep a diary also helps to vent your fears etc,   i wonder if we all feeling th e same, im just fed up with it all, i cant now distinguish if its heart disease (missed heart beats and dizzy) or perimenopause or anxiety or all of them, there seems a huge muddle of information, rubbish GP;s inadequate tests etc and just continual back and forth to GP getting nowhere, help any ideas? thanks

• Posted

Ha yes!! i can see my GP's eyes slightly glaze over when i talk about PMS menopause stuff. grrrrr.  I had such bad anxiety when i went to see her during an 8 day random period, i could have pulled excallibur out of the stone, i was on the ceiling.  Never felt like that before, scary feeling, managed to contain it with changing my diet and accepting that i am peri as confirmed by gp with blood tests, think they managed to catch it as as on when they did blood test, not sure if that would make a difference, but i was almost hyperventilated at doctors, high blood pressure an all. great.  Am ok now accepted where i am and just trying to diffuse it, with diet, excercise and acceptance that i am going through various installments of sh*t as we all are, but we will emerge from it. believe that.
  • Posted

Sorry To hear you had a bad spell Susan. I'm on Prometrium which was prescribed by my doctor. The need was determined after I was told to use the cream intially  to deal with a higher than normal level of estrogen for my age. The cream was ok, but within the last month it was decided it was time to try this method.  I wasn't too keen on it as for the most part, but I could feel the difference (positive) with the cream.

Unfortunately, there were some lingering symptoms that prompted the doctor to put me on what is considered "bioidentical" pill form, for whatever that means...I don't know, is supposed to be easier on the system. rolleyes

Pill form still goes through the liver, as cream does not, and I was told there is a way to take this vaginally, therefore bypassing the liver, if I chose to go that route.

Overall, I have noticed improvements when taking the cream and now the pill form. I don't care to be on it long, but after some real tough times, leveling things out this way seems to agree with me. Everyone is different, so again what works for some, may not others. I do hope this will help you feel better as it really is scary when we feel so awful. 

Please see a doctor to guide you through this be it the cream or other form of progesterone to help you feel better.

I do have a few friends who have simply gone online and purchased the cream and they seem to do ok, I just feel better having someone educated in this area to monitor my progress and adjust as we go along. 

Hoping you feel better real soon Susan.

Annie xx

• Posted

Susan:

Hi, ......a bad week?  Hope they improve.

I use the Progesterone with the wild yam in it.  I stopped the crying, the heart palpitations and flutters.  I'm sure if I had a man in my life he would have left by now.  Tell your boyfriend to stick around, you could be healthier than the next lady he runs across.  This business of being a female is frustrating.  Your not crazy, even if some of your doctors my dismiss your ailments to depression many of us here will telll you we go through the same darn thing, some of the doctors are not fully informed.

have a lovely week.

kathy

• Posted

Thank you 

My sister told me about the natural progesterone with yams or soy. I am thinking about progesterone pills the natural ones with yams or soy. 

She says it may help stop the palpitations that I have she told me not to worry because all palpitations is not heart related. She told me it could be that my progesterone is low and that can cause it. 

Thank you for your advice Talk to you later

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.