Natural Remedies

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone tried any over the counter natural remedies for GERD? Slippery Elm? Peppermint? Probiitics? I have extreme heartburn nightly with stopped up nasal passages and post nasal drip.

HELP

Thank you,

Pam

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi I have only started to see some improvement now. i have been having acid reflux symptoms since October 2019. since October I have had the following:

probiotics

digestive enzymes

on and off slippery elm

raising the bed head

only home cooked bland diet

avoiding the culprits

alkaline diet.

hope this helps

prayers 🙏

tc

• Edited

Hi, if you don't mind sharing I'm very interested in you alkaline diet, currently on a very bland diet, do you think raising the head of the bed helps? many thanks

tc

• Edited

Hi Pamela 533 yes the Alkaline diet which I was unconvinced of had helped me alot. You can pick and choose the ingredients of your choice as long as they are alkaline and have a high ph level. It helps if you like cooking. Im trying different recepies and try and eat raw and unprocessed foods. Raising the head of your bed also helps. I am not sure which bit has helped me the most as I had to make all the changes I possibly could to feel better. I am only taking gaviscon advance at night in terms of the medication. I have made my portions smaller and it has been hard reducing portion size. You can send me a private message if you have more questions.

• Edited

hi

ive tried slippery elm and peppermint oil and alot of different probotics and they havent really made a difference for me.

doesnt mean it wont work for you though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.