Natural Remedies for Allergies

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone recommend any natural remedies for sinuses? I've been drinking alot of tea with honey lately which has helped somewhat, but I wanted to know if there was anything else I could do ritually to relieve sinuses. Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried inhaling the steam from menthol crystals?

You only need a couple of crystals, pour boiling water over them - in a jug or bowl and inhale.  You can cover your head with a towel while you do it but I find them too strong if I cover my head.

Or, you could use an Olbas inhaler, which you can buy from any Pharmacy

• Posted

I haven't tried this. Are inhalers good for sinus relief? It is mainly pollin and dust that irritates my sinuses lately - such as runny nose and constant sneezing. I'll definetly look in to the crystals!
    • Posted

Inhalers clear blocked sinuses.

If you are having problems with pollen, then you might do better with an antihistamine tablet but if you want a 'natural' one,  I don't know of any but the ones you can buy from a Pharmacy, are Clarityn, amongst others.

This page tells you about them and lists some of them

https://patient.info/health/antihistamines-leaflet

Antihistamines will deal with runny noses and sneezing etc..  Inhalers are good for sinus relief, such as the problems you get with a cold.

Hope this helps you

• Posted

I disagree totally with your approach to allergies, they are a sickness ought to an excess of IGe antibodies and they will not go away by wish. Nevertheless my answer is accord your wish and I promise is accurate to the options available, none of them has an antihistaminic or a similar drug:

- Netty pot: Which comes in a variety of ways of nasal showers, my favourite is sea water in a can. They do actually help by washing away the allergen from your sinuses.

- Nasal light (A funny red light that makes you look like Rudolph the render, hey I have one), it is sold in major chemist in the UK like Boots, actually it is known that relieves inflammation of your nose, nobody knows why.

- Prevalin spray is just a sort of foam that protects your lining form the allergen, it works and it has no medication in it 

- And finally if you have hay fever, Grazax is the culmination of natural remedies, IMMUNOTHERAPY, I am afraid it is expensive but it works by giving you the stuff what you are allergic to until your body gets used to it. It is the best you can do for an allergy. There is nothing more natural than this but it is almost impossible to get it in the UK unless you go private 

Next year should come one version for dust mites (mitizax). Some people is cured by this treatment, most improve a lot. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the links as users can search Google for the terms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.