Natural remedies for Hay Fever?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone know if hay fever symptoms can be eased with natural remedies?

I read something online about it and I wanted to give it a try but not sure this is the best solution? I refuse to take tablets knowing that they can increase the risk of dementia and alzheimer's!

Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What have you found that's useful, Deborah?

1.I steam a big pot with water, fresh lemon/citrux peels (leftover from juicing) + sage/mint (whatever is available) and inhale with big towel over my head from time to time.  

2. Splash my nose and eyes with warm water.  

3. Inhale NutriBiotic Nasal Spray Plus.

4. Drink lots of water.

If anybody has other suggestions that work, it will be such a great help.  Thanks.

• Posted

To unblock my sinus I add a few drops of essential oils (ravintsare, eucalyptus, peppermint, anything like that) in hot water and inhale it, that works really well!

I've read about eye wash with Chrysanthemum and other plants but have to admit that's a bit scary...  I don't really want to pour anything in my eyes!  

Nettle tea apparently is supposed to be really good, so is Camomile, as well as local honey. I found a couple of examples but I dont know if that could be any good, or if it could make it worse (can you have an allergic reaction to Nettle tea?)

How does drinking a lot of water helps with hay fever

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the links as they were to sites unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

If you get a sudden sneezing attack, simply plug your nose for a few min. with some tissue. 

You can also buy nasal filters, look it up on google, quite cheap.

If you're allergic to dust mites, you can buy dust mite protecor sheets, pillow covers. And of course keep you house clean.

Other than that, you can't do much, try to avoid the triggers. I suppose you already had an allergy skin prick test and you know what you're allergic to. 

• Posted

Taking care to drink more than otherwise to keep the body from dehydrating especially with so much nasal drip and varying degrees of mucus discharge.  I am also happier when I can sleep longer and even take a short nap during the day to let the body feel I care.
  • Posted

In my opinion, you should avoid beef, take fish oil supplement, citrus fruits. Use sunglasses and umbrella while going out in sun. And drink plenty of liquid to keep your body hydrated as less hydrated body produces more histamine. Talk to an immunologist. 
  • Posted

Hi deborah38975, 

I've took Pharma Nord's Bio-Pycnogenol for my hayfever for several months now and it seems to be helping. It's completely natural supplement.

You need to take 2 tablets twice a day initially, then 1 tablet twice per day. It helps to stop my sneezing, blocked nose and itchy eyes. 

If I stop taking them though I do notice my symptoms come back. 

Hope that helps! 

• Posted

Hi, 

The answer to your question is not as straightforward as you would like. 

Hay fever can cause serious illness, such as swollen lips, wheeze, difficulty to breathe, and sometimes, collapse as well.. The important thing to rule out:  is that you have never had these symptoms, And, to always keep these symptoms in mind, because no natural techniques can save your life faster than these ending your life. Hence, medical help in such situation is absolutely necessary. 

Now, if your problem is limited to frequent or persistent sneezing, some coughing, blockages, drips or some headaches, and you are looking for natural remedies.. I can help you with it. I have struggled with Allergic rhinits, which is very similar to hay fever (wikipedia lists the both as the same), the problem is the same, but the agents that cause the problem differs, Either way, it doesnot matter what triggers it, because the treatment is the same. i have been doing something over the past 5 years by constantly searching for answers.

My technique strengthens our immune and helps against both. 

Its not a pill or any fancy drugs or medicines, pouring special herbs in your nose..

or anything like that. 

Its very simple, if you want to try, i am happy to explain.

Cheers

• Posted

Deborah. After spending a lifetime coping with chronic sinusitis and continual bouts of hayfever, I discovered a miracle cure, Evening Primrose Oil. It desensitises the nervous system, but it does not diminish mental ability in any way. It is not a drug, do it has no adverse side affects.

Evening Primrose Oil works in about 4 hours and is effective for a further 24 hours, so one 1000mg capsule daily is usually sufficient.

It is available in most good supermarkets and costs about 10c per capsule.

Try this treatment, you may be as surprised as I was.

Kind Regards, Ray

• Posted

Deborah. After spending a lifetime coping with chronic sinusitis and continual bouts of hayfever I discovered a miracle cure, Evening Primrose Oil. It works by desensitising the nervous system, but it does not diminish mental ability in any way. It is not a drug, so it has no adverse side affects. 

Evening Primrose Oil works in about 4 hours and it effective for a further 24 hours, so one 1000mg capsule daily is usually sufficient.

It is available in most good supermarkets, and costs about 10c per capsule.

Try this treatment to overcome these continually debilitating problems.

You may be as surprised as I was.

Kind Regards, Ray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.