Natural remedies for RLS that have worked for you?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello fellow RLS sufferers, I've been taking Clonzapam for the past several months with great results. I'm a little scared because it is habit forming and I would prefer a natural remedy for my RLS. 

What have you tried that works? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have been taken this fir several months first 0.5 mg a day and now on 1 mg best meds  I have ever had . So are they addictive if they work well I am happy to continue 
  • Posted

Hi

I am interested that you are on Clonazepam as this is what I am taking. I have tried pramipexole and Ropinirole but couldn't get on with either. I too would very much like a natural remedy!

• Posted

I'm going to try the modmap diet.. I tried Ropinerole last night and it did NOT agree with me! I was hallucinating, hearing voices and acted like a crazy person.
  • Posted

Hi, I have struggling with RLS for about 20 years.  About four months ago I went onto the Monash University's ModMap Diet for Irritable Bowel and if I stick strictly to the diet and  don't have caffine (coffee, tea, chocolate) I have no RL.  

I also exclude nightshades (Potatoes, capsicums, tomatoes also carrots) but I am not sure if this is necessary.

• Posted

Go to the Monash uni site and you will see that it is almost an extension of a gluten free diet.    You can get an App for your phone that helps a lot.

I have had RLS for 50 years and the only thing thats worked for me is the FODMAP diet

Come back if you need any extra help.

• Posted

Hi Sue

I have used the FODMAP diet with great success.

I have no problem with potatoes capsicum carrots or tomatoes.   In fact they make up a lot of my diet!

Of course thats my body and yours may be sensitive to some of these.   I didn't realise that these veges belonged to one group.

I am having trouble reintroducing other foods so I can expand my diet a bit.   You are only supposed to be on the FODMAP diet for 8 to 10 weeks but I have been on it for nearly a year and I seem to be intolerant of all groups I try.

• Posted

This is good info! May I ask which app you use? I just tried searching for one and its overwhelming
  • Posted

Anyone heard anything about eating ricotta cheese?  Does it contain natural levodopa, or did I just dream this?
    • Posted

Hi Ratfancy

I haven't heard about that.   It seems to me to be much better to follow the science and adopt the FODMAP diet and then reintroduce foods that you find dont give you a problem.

If you have already tried that and it didn't work for you then I would try everything anyone offered just in case.   At least ricotto cheeses is tastier than live spiders or frogs noses.   Not saying I wouldnt try all three if someone else claimed they were a cure.

Good Luck

Graham

• Posted

Hi Srahjayne

I actually dont use the App because my phone is an antique and I cant upgrade my operating system.

I have a friend with the App and I am jealous because it looks very good and gives her an immediate answer about most foods.

She downloaded it from the Monash site I think.   I think it costs a few dollars.   If you can't find it there let me know and I'll ask her

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.