Natural Remedies for UTI

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all! I’ve struggled with UTI’s a couple times in the last few years and every time they’re unbearably painful and cause a lot of stress and disrupt in my life. All previous times I’ve ended up rushing to the emergency room and getting whatever antibiotics they choose to pump into me, anything to get rid of the pain. 

I just got a uti a few days ago while traveling in rural Guatemala, far from immediate medical care. I’ve had enough uti’s to notice the symptoms while they’re faint, before it gets extremely painful. I knew I wouldn’t have the option of medical care so I went into survival mode, trying to figure out the best alternatives to antibiotics. 

Over the next day and into the night I ate about 3 cloves of raw garlic (a known natural antibiotic), I took shots of apple cider vinegar (full of probiotics, boosts immune system and much more), drank kefir (more probiotics and other health boosts!), took vitamin c supplements, and drank turmeric, ginger, lemon elixirs. 

Now I didn’t think it would work because I’ve never had uti pain go away without medication. However, that night, after doing all of these things, the pain started subsiding drastically within an hour. The following few days, I repeated all of these things and was able to get rid of my UTI fully without any medication. 

I don’t know about you guys, but I prefer to avoid antibiotics when I can. There are so many side effects that come with artificial medicine. Not to mention, you could get rid of your UTI with antibiotics, yet replace it with a yeast infection... which is a common side effect to antibiotics. 

I felt so envigorated, healthy, strong, and powerful... knowing that I could beat this terrible ailment with purely natural sources. 

I rarely go online and post my opinion. But I thought this was an important thing to share with women out there, because I know others are going through the same thing I am. smile

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So glad to read that your natural remedy worked for you  that must have taken a lot of courage,  I would probably have taken some antibiotics with me, you could carry on taking these things as a preventative, very well done!!

Valx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.