Naturally healing hypothyroidism

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

I’ve been struggling with medical issues for almost a year and a half now that I’ve stated in past forums. Ever since my gallbladder was removed, it helped a lot but I’m still sick with new symptoms. Chronic constipation is my major issue. along with weight gain. 30 pounds melted off from my gallbladder issues, which had been maintained for about 6 months until randomly there was a rapid weight gain of 15 pounds in the span of a few months and won’t come off no matter my excersise and diet. I’ve been to several doctors and had my thyroid tested. I’m not a clear cut diagnosis because my TSH is normal but my free t3 and free t4 levels are low. I was on Armour for a few months but my tsh has dropped a lot so my doctor took me off of it. He prescribed me qsymia for the weight, but i don’t want to risk any side effects and it’s too expensive, so as of now I’m just off of all medications. I’m 18, so my issues aren’t really normal and we know something is wrong with me but we can’t get to the bottom of it. I want to try going the natural route. Im suppose to have a colonoscopy but that had to be put on hold due to insurance issues. As of now, I’m thinking of doing gluten free, dairy free, and soy free. I know that there are tons of vitamins to try, but I’m not exactly sure what to take. I’m going to try vitamin D for sure, but what else should i try? I’ve watched YouTube videos and did research to take vitamin C for constipation, vitamin D, b-12, zinc, iodine, selenium and a few others i can’t remember for thyroid issues. My question is has anyone tried healing their thyroid symptoms naturally and had success? I’m not sure what vitamins and supplements to take and how much of each to take. I’d appreciate any help or advice you may have!

Thank you in advance! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tessa, try magnesium supplements for the constipation

Also, essential amino acids gave me huge relief from thyroid symptoms!

Gluten free absolutely no cheats on the gluten!), paleo style organic diet.

Cleanse, cleanse, cleanse! Mercury, bromine, radiation exposure are big triggers for thyroid disease, others are low protein or vegetarian diet, general chemical exposure, microbial infections- all trigger autoimmune disease. Treat the autoimmune disease, you treat the thyroid.

That should get you started. I gave you the summary without the rationale, but these are some of the things I've found most helpful.

Your labs being in range don't necessarily mean you don't have thyroid disease. NDT will often zero out TSH because of the high T3. A zero TSH was normal for me while on meds. But also, it isn't optimal for yorcTSH to be zeroed out. 

• Posted

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, I have tried magnesium supplements and had no luck...I had gone gluten free before my thyroid issues showed, but as of this week I'm going gluten free and dairy free in hopes it will help! I'll also try out essential amino acids, thank you!

• Posted

Please register with thyroid uk/ health unlocked for great advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.