Naturopath- worth it?

Posted , 6 users are following.

To cut a very long story short I have suffered with reflux for over 10 years now. Initially I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance and for years that helped my symptoms for many years. But in the last few years my symptoms seem to have come back, not as bad but still there and I now have also developed hypothyroidism which I am being treated for. However, I am still frequently getting headaches, digestive issues and fatigue and am at my wits end in what to do next. I have tried a lot of things the doctor has suggested and had massages, seen a chiro, physio and osteopath. Nothing seems to be long lasting which makes me think they are not treating the actual underlying cause. I have now started thinking of seeing a Naturopath and just wondered if anyone found that beneficial? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes. A naturopath is worth it. I've seen a Naturopath and they take the time to really learn everything about you. They ask about your diet, types of stress you face, your symptoms, etc... I now have an appt to see mine again because of gastritis and IBS because she really helped me before.

• Posted

Well, it's related to your question but going off topic a bit... I've had acid reflux for about 9 years now and for the last 3-4 I've managed to keep it at bay almost to the point of it being non-existent through my diet. The most important thing for it that I do is to have a glass of water with a cap full of unfiltered cider vinegar in it every morning as my first drink of the day (soon after getting up) and before any food. Have you tried doing this? Even after looking up naturopath on Google, I'm still not sure what they do, but in the beginning, I did find that spiritual healing helped me a lot when the pain was a lot worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.