Nausea 1 year post gallbladder removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else experience Nausea and digestive issues 1 year post gallbadder removal?!! I had these symptoms in the first six months and I had a good period from month 6 to 12. but in the last few days I feel very sick again !! I have no other symptoms but only nausea and burping☹️

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What foods are you eating? Maybe that's your problem. Eating healthy foods will make you feel better! Any bad fatty or fried and spicy foods will make you feel sick! I've been 3 years post and I still have problems after eating bad food! But that's my fault. So I don't eat foods that will hurt me. Another thing that might be causing problems is stones stuck in common bile duct or other ducts! If this happens then you feel very sick and need to have surgery to feel better again! It has happened to me! Good luck hope you feel better!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply

I had a complete abdominal ultrasound and everything was normal.

maybe the problem is the food I eat. I usually eat healthy foods but sometimes I have eaten pizza, burgers, and spicy foods and maybe I have drunk a lot of wine and beer. do you think alcohol could be the problem? I have been well for 6 months and I could digest everything well but unfortunately my symptoms of indigestion came back suddenly !! how is your situation? usually how many days do your problems last after eating the wrong foods?

• Posted

Sadly, yes. After I got mine removed, I began getting sick sporadically. I've had food poisoning and it was just like that. it began with sulphur burps and would then lead to vomitting and diharrea for at least six hours.

I thought it was food poisoning. I stopped eating things out of my freezer, eliminating food brands, etc. Finally someone at a party was talking to me about how her husband had been getting sick and was eventually dignosed with celiacs. I kind of wrote it off because I'd never had issues before, why would it begin after the gallbladder removal and so few people say they get these types of symptoms due to consuming a certain type of food after gallbladder removal, but finally I buckled down and seriously cut every type of gluten out of my diet and it worked. They only times I've gotten sick was occasionally from eating out and getting food that was contaminated with gluten.

My advice would to try getting an online food sensitivity test and then maybe try eliminating types of food to see if it helps, but you need to totally remove something from your diet for a decent period of time to get an understanding. One day or one week probably won't give you much info.

I know that's a lot to take in but I hope something helps. I know how awful it can be.

• Posted

I've been gluten free for 18 months now. had my GB removed 11 months ago. gluten is a problem for me and I know its helped to cut it out. Sadly it doesn't seem to be the solution for me as I still have these flare-ups and I have no idea what causes them. it makes sense that its food related but I would think that after a few days of a careful diet of bland foods which continue to cause diarrhea andnausea one would recover once the offending food is flushed out of the system.. my flare-up can last up to 2 weeks. I can't see how it would be a stone stuck as I'd think there'd be continuous symptoms.

I really wish I could find the answer.

• Posted

Hello, yes when I would eat a burger or pizza which is very bad for us I wake up with bad stomach pain and Nausea. The sickness would last any where from an hour to all day! It really sucks! So I find that drinking Apple cider vinegar helps to make stomach ache and nausea disappear. It works for me! So i pass on take out food too. Be vigilant about food intake. Don't eat big meals because your system cannot handle it! Eat to live, not live to eat! Hope this will help! Bye

• Posted

Thank you very much! my situation is different. I have been fine without major problems for six months. during this time I also ate bad food without any problems. but I don't know what happened that suddenly all my symptoms returned. I am feeling nauseous with lack of appetite for almost a month now.

I will try Apple cider vinegar .

Many thanks again.

Best wishes

• Posted

I'm much the same as you. 11 months po. I got better and was symptom free for long periods but now I'm having a big flare-up and don't even know what's caused it . I eat the same foods and sometimes I can be fine with them and then suddenly I get a reaction.

I get nausea, diarrhea and stomach cramps. and it goes on for days.

I'm sure its something to do with the bile but I dont know how its treated.

I've read so many posts with recommendations for various supplements but they dont seem to help when I'm feeling like this.

• Edited

I have no diarrhea but a bad nausea and indigestion !!! it's strange because I was much better for 6 months (from sixth to twelfth month PO) but I don't know what happened that my symptoms came back again !! I am on a good diet and I never eat bad foods. at this point I am losing my hopes of healing and having a normal life. did you have digestive problems also before the surgery? maybe it's something to do with the bile but I don't know what it could be exactly? !!

• Posted

I was diagnosed with anxiety aggravated IBS before this. I've had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, was treated for helicobacter pylori and had my gallbladder removed. The symptoms I have now are not what I had with IBS. I know anxiety doesn't help but its definitely not the cause now. Like you I have a very healthy diet and always stick to the same types of food as I know they dont irritate my stomach. Except when they do! Randomly!

So is it too much bile? Not enough bile?

If you find out anything, please post here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.