nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wondering if anyone can help. Constantly feeling sick. Never actually sick. Always have a sharp pain in left hand side of stomach. Can only walk so far before end up having dizzy spells.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You need to go to the Dr.  I'm having brain scans, MRIs..etc. for similar symptoms.

If your not  young enough to be pregnant.....

• Posted

Hi Orange,

I went through a period of nonsensical stomach issues once too. Certainly get checked out by a doctor, but check your stress levels too.

In my case, there was nothing phsyically wrong with me. Once I took steps to reduce my stress (exercise, relaxation techniques), the stomach issues cleared up.

Good luck!

• Posted

This pain has been going on for months in the left hand side of my stomach and my urine seems to be very dark brown.
    • Posted

Seems like if urine is DARK brown...you are not drinking enough fluids and could have a Urinary Tract Infection (which you need antibiotics for).  Drink a couple bottles of water today.

UTI can turn into a kidney infection..its important to go to the Dr.

• Posted

Well, maybe a kidney issue. Definitely see a doctor. And be sure to drink enough water. I think its something like 8 liters a day of total fluids (but Google it).

Still, consider your stress level too. My stomach issues went on for months also. I had pain mostly localized in the left hand side too. If your gut is not working well, it makes alot of gas, and you will feel cramping or aching pains coming from gas buildup in your large intensine / colon. Stress can absolutely mess with your GI system.

I was running around from doctor to doctor trying to get a diagnosis. I turned into a complete hypochrondriac. Only when I worked on reducing stress did the issues subside.

So certainly check with your doctor, but please consider that unresolved stress can also be the problem.

• Posted

I don't feel stressed and I do drink a lot of water and tea. Years ago I went through a phase of needing the toilet all the time then it stopped.
    • Posted

Can you get any operations for pain in the left side if there are problems with the intestine.
    • Posted

I don't really know about operations.

But please don't go thinking there is something tremendously wrong yet. It could be something simple. I've been a hypochrondriac before, and it is really draining. I would spend hours on the internet trying to self-diagnose.

So do the simple things first. First, see a doctor. But also do some home remedies:

Drink enough water - I mean, actually measure it to make you sure are getting enough. And keep in mind some foods actually count negative for providing fluids.

Have more fiber, which Western diets are notoriously low in. Get more leafy green vegetables, or try some fiber snack bars.

And in general go to a simpler diet. Less fat and carbs, only lean meats. Personally, I swear by Greek yogurt.

And whatever you do, stick with it for a long time. Not five days but five weeks. Make a long commitment to it, and stay disciplined. 

• Posted

It could be a Peptic Ulcer or possibly have worms. Check in with your doctor ASAP. The pains could get worse or you could actually start getting sick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.