Nausea

Posted , 9 users are following.

Been coming down from 15mg to 7.5 for 2-3 weeks and am having extreme nausea. I have been on 15mg for 4 weeks and was on 30mg a few months ago. Would this be a side effect from tappering a little quicker then expected? I only have 15mg prescriptions so it’s been hard to get the right mg when cutting in half so was doing 10mg for a week then 8mg and been to 7.5mg for a few nights. Your opinion is great full 

Thank you 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I think that any "side effects" are normal but different people appear to suffer differently. I have been off Mertz for 5 weeks and I get a lot of itching and tightness in chest. The bad news is that sleep problem is back and I have not lost the weight I put on

• Posted

I agree coming of some meds can cause nasty withdrawal as for mirtazapine and your weight it will start to come of but it seems to take awhile it did with me I was of them years but I was so painfully thin I went back on them just to put some weight on xx
    • Posted

Hey Bob, i am 15 weeks off and i am right thete with you on the weight and ruthless insomnia. Keep fighting!
  • Posted

I feel awful still 7 days off Mirt and still feeling sick anxious and not sleeping. I’m going to speak to Dr today as can’t cope.
    • Posted

Anyone who wants to join out mirt withdrawal support group look up Toria Stockford on fb and she will add you.
  • Posted

Hi Ryan, the nausea may be from reducing too fast. You may want to ask your dr for an rx for the liquid for more accurate dosing. Good luck
  • Posted

That sounds a little fast based on my experience. I was on 30 mg for 10 months. Went down to 22.5 for a month and had bad diarrhea and some nausea, but it got better after the 3rd week. Then I dropped to 15 mg and had horrible nausea that became continuously worse over the course of a month. I could barely eat or get out of bed for several weeks. Zofran and other medications did not help, so I had to go back up to 22.5. I’ve talked to several doctors and they have recommended that I drop to 20 mg and 17.5 mg with a liquid. I live in the US, so I am using a compounding pharmacy to turn my tablets into a suspension. Good luck to you.
  • Posted

Remeron (mirtazapine) should be illegal.   Is a Group in Facebook.  This group has helped my wife to understand she is not alone in coming off of this drug.  Taper slowly.  You’ve looked up mirtazapine nightmares. My wife’s experience with mirtazapine can match the worst scenarios out there.   Doctors won’t admit that there is a problem with withdrawing from mirtazapine. She is at 4.8 mg now, pretty close to 1/3 of a pill.  I can’t seem to find on the Internet anywhere’s the concept of compounding nine parts cornstarch to one part mirtazapine using a pestel and mortar.   To get a more accurate reading on her .001 scale.  Cornstarch because it is one of the non-medical ingredients in the pill.  Want to do the liquid method with water and syrup because it spoils.  You’ve looked up mirtazapine nightmares. Suggestions?
    • Posted

Hi terry,

There is a fb page called "mirtazapine withdrawls and support" to help in conjuntion with this site. m sorry you and your wife are going thru this. We are all trying to do the best we can. Good luck.

• Posted

I joined that group but so much hate and negativity doesn't help when you are trying to tapper off the medication. Rules are different here in Australia there is no liquid Mirtazapine its only 15mg-30mg-45mg-60mg

So when you try and tapper its extremely difficult to figure out what mg you are putting in your body when you half a 15mg tablet and then figure out what to do next.

• Posted

Yes,  this sounds like mirtaz dropping a bit quickly, unfortunately the drs will not acknowledge there is any such thing.  The help group is great and gives many different perspectives.  For some people the dropping is easy, for many others it is awful.  Its really hard to get nhs to deal with it by using liquid to drop very minor doses.  Try to see if your dr is sympathetic and see Dr Heather Ashton manual online free with tapering schedule.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.