Nausea

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does any of you lovely ladies feel nauseous after eating even the smallest of meals. I’ve had this for years but just lately gone worse. I’ve just been out to a lovely garden centrer for lunch and had a small cheese and tomatoes toasted sandwich with a little salad but straight after I felt terribly sick and had to get out, it really spoilt our day out. It’s about an hour later and I’m just about getting over it . I also feel shattered and could just fall asleep. I dread going out for food. 

How long do we have to feel like this it’s been six years for me xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Do you think it could just be something very simple like a lactose/dairy intolerance? I had all sorts of weird, and admittedly enraging, food allergies and intolerances come up in peri.  For me, in peri, my guts just said "we're not doing what you want anymore. We're working our own agenda."

But once I figured it out, life got back to normal. And I got to be smug jerk and say "I'm off dairy." Like that makes me a better person. lol

I would start with the two main suspects: milk (in all its forms) and then gluten (in all its forms).  Try one first, just for a few days to eliminate as a possibility, then the other. See if you feel better. This food issue sounds like it is really compromising your quality of life. We need to fix it! 

• Posted

Thank you to all for your valued replies, maybe I do have an intolerance to diary or gluten I will have to try and elemiate them but really don’t know where to start. I used to have everything soya but then read something by a professor that women in the menopause shouldn’t eat soya so I threw all I had away and went back on milk. To be honest I don’t feel any different but I’ll start tomorrow to cut down then cut out. This is going to be hard for me as I eat very little and stick to the same foods. Are any of you ladies in England? Love to all xx
    • Posted

Cutting down to cut out sounds like a great plan.  It is desperately hard to cut out flour and milk. But the quality of my life improved so much when I did, I would never add them back now--even if I could.

I'm in the US. It's easy-ish to be Paleo here. But I know what you mean about eating a narrow spectrum of foods. Me too! And I agree with you about soya. Half a glass of soy milk and my breasts are in agonizing pain. It has a powerful estrogen effect on me. 

Can you get coconut milk or rice milk? I think the last time I was in the UK I bought rice milk at Safeway. Both are very good. Even if I could have cow's milk, I would choose coconut milk. biggrin  There's coconut milk ice cream that is amazing. And there's great fiber in coconut milk as well. 

There are decent margarine replacements in the US for those of us off dairy.  I'm sure they have something similar in the UK.  Is there a 'hippie' section at your local Safeway? That's where I find the coconut milk and the non dairy margarine here. 

When I am dying for something sweet, I get a can of pie filling. (Dont tell anyone in my Paleo chat group!)  It's the crust that's the problem after all! Without flour, I added potatoes and sweet potatoes to make sure I got satisfying carbs.  The fiber and the nutrients in the vegetables were definitely an upgrade from bread.  

We're here with you!  You have been suffering with this problem for a long time. And we're proud of you for trying to figure it out! Love! XX

• Posted

Your so good with your advice thank you. We don’t have any Safeway’s anymore but I’ll have a look through our other supermarkets, I’m going to try rice milk, don’t fancy almond. 

I promise i wont tell anyone about your secret pie filling.

Speak soon x

• Posted

I’ve stopoed eating both gluten and dairy since perimenopause I just can’t tolerate them anymore, I was having terrible nausea but calmed down now. I used to be able to eat anything but not anymore. Also tomatoes give me acid indigestion so your meal was my worst nightmare 😱

• Posted

Hi Caroline, I’ll really try and eliminate the dairy and gluten and yes maybe the tomatoes was a bad choice. Thanks so much for your help I do appreciate it. What do without this forum. We can just ask anything at anytime and someone will kindly come back to us 🤗x

• Posted

I had this 20 years ago and my gladder was removed.  It stopped the severe nausea. I continued on for years with numerous intestinal issues that increased through the years.  Gastroenterologist were very little help. Online research led me to me food allergies testing by neurologist with gluten causing the most issues. This makes me eat more whole foods and less preservatives. It’s rare I’m nauseated anymore.  I read pancreatitis causes nausea.  My sister has that.  I took L-glutamine, licorice, Aleo Vera, probiotics also to heal mine.  Blessings to better health.  M
  • Posted

hi

i cant eat tomatoes since I started this.  in fact, there's loads of foods that I can no longer have.  worst luck!  I actually dread eating out because unless I make it myself, I always feel ill afterwards, it's not anxiety  it is genuinely the foods that i seem to developed intolerance to  such a pain.  there is a connection to high histamine foods and menopause that you should look up.   Tomatoes are one big culprit   have a look at it  it might help you with this    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.