Nausea

Posted , 2 users are following.

Tom from Florida I'm 81 and most likely had Achalasia for 40 years until I couldn't swallow anymore and decided to go for the heller myotomy surgery,was successful for 3 years and nausea started. About 7 months after surgery GI Doc started me with 40 mg 2x day pantoprazole  and then Doc reduced to 20 mg 2x day for side effects, stayed good again for 6 months then the nausea, in the morning when I get up feel good, seems as soon as I put something in my gut no matter what it is,it starts with my eyes like flu symptoms then the nausea starts, I've tried everything  watch acid foods but afternoons seem to be good my life saver is alka seltzer, but I notice nausea seems to last longer and longer every day, I believe my age has a lot to do with things as well. I think will try to up my meds back to 40 mg per day maybe it will do it. Anyone else getting these same symptoms let me know will update as I try different things is all you can do Doc doesn't have any answers.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I cannot believe you are 81 and suffered all this time. I had the operation which was fine for a year, I now have Botox injections every 6 months which has definitely helped but when I do suffer I took advice from someone on this site and now drink milk whenever I have a problem & it has definitely helped. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.