Nausea

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ladies . I was on here Monday , as my stomach has felt off , lack of appetite and nausea . This in turn sets my anxiety off , so its a vicious circle really . Havent slept very well and laying here worrying why I am not better yet . I do still wonder if it is a bug that is just going to take a while to get out of my system or wether its one of my peri symptoms back again . I had my first period in nearly three months that finished last week , so maybe my immune system is a bit low . Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated .

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, The nausea is horrible! I'm 47 and 2 years into Peri, and the past few months I feel like I've morning sickness on a daily basis! Even putting toothbrush in my mouth is making me gag. My doctor has done all the tests and I'm fine thank god, ( this helps relieve anxiety a bit). She told me to try ginger, tea or biscuits whichever works and it is definitely helping.

• Posted

hey Jane, I TOTALLY agree with Mariam. It's Peri. Both are symptoms and unfortunately can stay right into Menopause. Sometimes I feel like I have the same morning sickness like when I was pregnant. The anxiety is also par for the cause. Welcome to our world!!

• Posted

good morning jane

im here reading your posting and ohhh boy that is so me i know exactly what your going thru , its the worse feeling ,i hope you feel better soon

• Posted

thank you all for taking the time to reply . I have suffered with this before , but my symptoms seem to change from day to day or week to week . I just dont want to feel rough for christmas . You always worry that it could be something else , but thats the anxiety for you and that just makes it worse I suppose .

• Posted

Nausea has been bad for me as well. I find that waves of it can come out of nowhere, last for an hour or so, and then abate. I also find that I am very prone to motion sickness now. I cannot do boats or backseat of cars at all where that was not a problem for me before menopause.

• Posted

It's weird. I never really feel nauseous, but every morning, my gag reflex is incredibly sensitive - totally like morning sickness! I'm totally fine lying in bed, but as soon as I get up and start moving about, I gag and dry heave. I've had to change my morning routine and wait to take any morning meds and brush my teeth until all of that passes. It doesn't last terribly long (I'm usually much better by the time I finish showering and get a bit to eat). I had been attributing it to my silent reflux acting up, but perhaps it is actually another fun peri symptom.

• Posted

Ive had my nausea the past few days along with lack of appetite and just feeling generally under the weather and almost flu like . So I really dont know if its a bug .

• Posted

Hi Jane, i too feel nauseous but, at different times throughout the day and belching often. My last period was 12th october nothing since. I have been in noticable peri for 2 years and i am nearly 48. I have never skipped a period before but, i have had periods which were spotting for a few days only to have a normal period the following month. I am now having slight period pains the last few days like i am going to come on but, nothing. I am worried and taken a pregnancy test because of the nausea this was negative but, makes me so worried and anxious. i wonder if the nausea is due to anxiety .

• Posted

Hi! Yes I get so nauseated and then my anxiety kicks in. My doctor explained to me its almost like being pregnant in the early stages when you get morning sickness due to hormonal changes our bodies are going through hormonal changes as well. I never have hot flashes just nausea and fatigue. When I get out and walk I find my mood better and in the winter months my vitamin D is very low so I am taking vitamins and drink different teas. Hugs to you and the rest of us who are going through this chapter in life. It will pass someday!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.