Nausea

Posted , 7 users are following.

does any one have constant nausea with cfs? i have just been reffered and waiting to a cfs speacilist but still unsure if its that i have . i have read that i people rest one day they then feel ok to do somthing the next day and i feel my symptoms do not fit with that. i feel achy ill and fatigued 24 /7 and it wouldnt matter if i rested id still find it difficult to do things. i also have stomach problems like nausea and discomfort too. its just some days i feel worse then other days but doesnt depend on how much i rest

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beth.

Yeah pretty much every day for me, With CFS/ME there are so many symptoms that you can have not just the fatigue. I have lots of bowel issues, nausea is pretty much every day, vertigo also. The list goes on. Its not really about resting one day to be able to do something the next day its more about learning your limitations and keeping within them. This can only be done over time as you come to undeerstand how your body reacts to the illness. I pretty much rest constantly as any activity leaves me useless. I got so annoyed with resting yesterday that i ran up and down the stairs 5 times so today i feel worse. I used to be fit and enjoy running so it is hard to do nothing for so long.

• Posted

i feel your pain and frustration. i too seemed to have a myriad of symptoms come and go for well over a year, seemed no rhyme or reason just took time for things to get better. i had nausea, stomach problems, diarrhoea, headaches, fatigue, muscle aches and awful flu feeling. just so demoralising to feel like that day after day. but people do get better, and you have to believe that you will too x

• Posted

yeah it just confuses me as everyday i feel bad i dont think it perticually matters if i have had a busy day one day i wouldnt neccerserily be worse the next day , it seem to have no pattern really .

• Posted

Hi Beth,

Yeah, that sums up cfs/me. It has no rhyme or reason sometimes. if you Google, it says payback can be several days later so, as you say, a busy day isn't necessarily followed by a really bad day.

Frustrating stuff! But, you have a referral and hopefully that will give some help for you.

Beverley

• Posted

I often find its the second day after doing something excessive when it hits me.

• Posted

Hi. I've had cfs for 39 years now. About 10 years ago I developed neuralgia which I believe now comes under the list of possible symptoms people get with this condition. At the same time I began feeling nausea regularly. My neurologist said that this was common in people with my type of neuralgia (trigeminal ie in the face). The neuralgia has settled down a lot but I still get bouts of feeling particularly unwell with a lot more fatigue, joint pains and so on with the nausea as well. I also have bowel symptoms and I'm never sure if the nausea comes from that or something else, but it certainly seems to be a common symptom of mine. Hope that's helpful.

• Posted

Hi Mo,

Neualgia and nausea are common for me too .

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Beth,

yup been suffering from nausea and dizziness all week. it feels like travel sickness, i'm having to use the lifts a lot more and i hate the motion of them.

over the past 10 or so years when ive had these symptoms i thought it was because my blood sugar was low so would eat something sweet. then i would get very tired and think it was because i needed caffeine so would have a bottle of coke!!

But now ive got to understand these are my symptoms. Might start taking travel sickness tablets or ginger in food to see if they help.

good luck with your results.

• Posted

Hi Caroline

I eat a lot of ginger but i dont really think it changes anything, other than its healthy. I also find that sugar can make me feel really sick but then i never did handle sugar that well before i was ill. I also lowered my dosage of antidepressants and found out they had been causing extreme amounts of vertigo. Was on 100mg of sertraline now on 50mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.