Nausea

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

recently I have been having bouts of nausea. I have not thrown up from it as of yet. I got sick in may 2018, generally feeling much better and have not had any bothersome symptoms for a while. wondering if anyone else has had bouts of nausea and off balanced feeling after a year?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i havent had this for a year but I am in my 7th month, and I do get that occasional nausea and feeling off. But like you, I have not thrown up once, even if i felt like it sometimes. I'm guessing this is one of the things about mono? What helps with my nausea is i take ginger gum, eat foods easy on the stomach (i eat a lot of rice, chicken, chicken soup, etc.) and even tea. I've stopped eating junk food, it helps a bit. I also have that sea band that supposedly helps with nausea. Some days it works, some days it works just a tiny bit. I hope the nausea goes away, it really sucks but you're strong!!

• Posted

I have had nausea off and on hour to hour the entire time for the first two months it was terrible i couldnt eat anything. Month 8 for me i havent figured out what makes it better or worse yet but i just do the best i can. Only thing that makes it stop completely is not eating for like 5-6 hours but i cant do that scared to lose weight again.

• Posted

hi, im on my 8th months of the virus and still have bouts of nausea and messed up stomach off and on i also do have that off balance feeling with weird feeling in my head its very hard to describe

• Posted

Hi Dominika,

It's good to see a post from you, what a pain though that you have been getting bouts of nausea. I really hope this settles down for you soon, I feel sure that this is just going to be a temporary setback, you have come a long way and sometimes these kind of things can happen during recovery, even when generally feeing much better, so just remember you will get back on track again.

It's hard to remember for me if nausea was something I had during mono, I remember feeling just generally off a lot and not quite right in stomach area at times as a lot of the other folks have described too. Peppermint and probiotics can be good to help with the stomach for sure.

Hoping everything settles and keep in touch!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks for the replies! I think I found the culprit of my nausea - dairy! This also happened to me in the first month, except instead of nausea I got heartburn after consuming dairy products. So weird!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.