Nausea after donating blood

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello I‘m going straight to the point because I can’t manage an introduction, sorry.

Tuesday, 29th of Jan. at approx. 7:30 in the evening I donated blood for the first time. I‘m relatively small being just 1.50m (5‘0) and 50 kilos (110 pounds).

I lost the 500 ml of blood in 3 (instead of 10) min. After donating from my right arm, my right hand was numb and tingly. This lasted for the next several hours. Right after the donation I was fine. I ate and drank but now, 30 hours later, I‘m miserable. I have headaches that come and go but the nausea and lightheadedness are constant and keep me on edge, feeling like I’m going to be sick any second. I cannot sleep for a longer than 30 min.

On the day that I gave blood I drank just enough and ate a good meal. Has anyone an idea what’s happening? My bloodpressure was 110 to 70 and I'm not anemic.

I would be glad if someone had an idea or similar experiences and would like to share it with me. Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.