Nausea after eating/ considerable weight loss

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

For two months now i have been throwing up everything exept water i feel dramatically weak and have lost so much weight my skin is like hanging off i have gone from 79kg to 51.8kg in 2 months and feel dizzy tired unable to achieve every day chores any advice please

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need to seek IMMEDIATE medical help. Go to an urgent medica care center or an emergency room of a hospital and state your case. They probably wont admit you but they may refer you to the right doctor. They may also run some miminal testing. I wont "guess" on this problem...you need scans. Blood work wont diagnose this one well. CT/MRI/endoscopy/X ray/etc. Good luck..but DO get immediate care like today.  Yo ucan habe anything from bleeding internally, to auto immune disorder to even HIV. Best to be examined and tested by a general doctor, a Gastroenterologist  to begin. 
  • Posted

Another likely possible cause is atumor in the liver, pancreas, or abdomen. I am not using the "C" word...the nasuea and vomiting would be more likely symptoms of Chemo for cancer than cancer...but a tumor os quite likerly..get scans sir.
  • Posted

Hi can only ditto what john has told you, have you not seen a gp for 2months, surely theyve not left you with such severe symptoms. If in the uk you need to go into a and e and let them know whats happening, could be different causes, but youll be getting deyhidrated, on to of cause, Get help asap, goodluck
  • Posted

Hi peeps,

Thanks for replying i have been to both gp and a and e and have both said i am fine because i am slightly over the bmi average for underweight.

Basically saying that once my bmi goes under 18.5 they will start to do tests when there must be something wrong and probably not safe to be living like this i will have to wait for it to get under that i suppose to get help only like 1 kilo above that weight now anyway so i will go back monday

• Posted

Hi kev1982

You may be suffering with hyperthyroidism...you seem to have the kind of symotoms pointing to that i.e. tiredness and weight loss.....ask your gp for a thyroid test which can be carried out via blood test......best wishes...

• Posted

Hi, make sure they do blood tests and check for anaemia, signs of infections and malnutrition and dehydration.  It is not just about weight but your mineral levels, if you are not absorbing enough your organs may be close to shutting down. Ask to be put on a drip as you feel so ill. Good Luck
    • Posted

You state you can eat nothing and you throw up and are losing weight. I do not understand how your doctord say "you are fine". Something here is not adding...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.