nausea after meal, fullness in upper abdomen and terror of endoscopy

Posted , 8 users are following.

My GP ordered me to do endoscopy which was always a terror for me because its so invasive I want to know that has anybody here have done endoscopy I want to know their experience

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Don‘t worry.. you won‘t feel a thing. 

Just maybe a little sore throat afterwards (I didn‘t even had that) and your stool might be runny that day because of the anesthesia meds. 

• Posted

Thank you very much I m so scared of this endoscopy thing you know I ain't scared of nothing but only this I have it next week .,, all I leave it to god now sad

• Posted

Honestly.. don't worry.. I was out in a few seconds and I can't remember a thing... other than when the nurse came to wake me up... And I had to laugh about it later since I was scared as heck.. all for nothing : ) .. 

• Posted

I had my an endoscopy done a few years back,this is from my experience. I was given a sedative which completely numbed my senses. When I went into the operating room, I feel the cable being inserted down the throat and that triggered the gagging reflex, which is normal, but unpleasant. Although, a few second after, I found myself out of it (senses were numb) by round about this point. That is all I remember before I gained full control of my senses and found myself sitting on a chair with a nurse shortly after coming in to check on me. It was an odd experience and not as bad as I expected. 
  • Posted

Hi

Just get them to put you out for your endoscopy, you feel absolutely nothing and wake up not even knowing it’s happened. You might experience a slightly sore throat, but it’s nothing, only lasts for a short while, think mine was like that for about half an hour. 👍😁

• Posted

I remember going in, getting knocked out, then waking up with a sore throat for the rest of the day. But that is it. It was easy and painless.
  • Posted

Don't be worried because it's not nearly as bad as you think it'll be! I had one done almost a year ago and you're sedated to the point where you can't feel a thing. You may feel the scope entering or leaving (but again, you're sedated and it doesn't hurt in any way) but other than that, it's a quick procedure. 

You'll probably have a bit of a sore throat, like everyone's said, but other than that you'll feel like yourself in no time!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your prompt response , , I am mainly scared of gagging reflex I don't know what will happen to me sad

• Posted

My endoscopy is in this Wednesday and am so much worried this is my first time and I don't know how am gonna get over it ,,, thinking of it makes me anxious

• Posted

Please don’t worry about it. Trust me. You will laugh about it later and regret how much time you wasted with being scared.. 

It’s not worth it since you won’t feel a thing.. just go with the anesthesia and they knock you out for that time..

and don’t take the extra spray though for the throat to numb it. You won’t need it and it’s really disgusting and you think you can’t swallow. 

• Posted

I think sedative option is not there .,, they will only use the spray
    • Posted

Can you call and double check? 
    • Posted

I checked they said they are gonna use the spray and make the back of my throat numb 
  • Posted

Treatment is dependent on the cause of gastritis. Sometimes over-the-counter drugs like antacids may relieve some symptoms of the condition. Here are some other ways to treat the condition as discussed by Dr Nisha:

Avoiding the diet which causes it (above mentioned triggers)

Taking acid suppressant medications

Avoiding stress

‘The course of medications and lifestyle changes again depend on the severity of gastritis. If the condition is caused by H.pylori infection, then an antibiotic course is prescribed,’ she adds.

Read more about causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of acidity.

• Posted

Hi , I did my endoscopy today and the result came as antral erosive gastritis or something like that .. And they took a biopsy and it came back h.pylorie nagative
    • Posted

I am so glad you survived the endoscopy.. when I read that they are just doing the spray I was so worried since I hated that and it made me panic.. 

And it sounds like you need to heal your stomach what you dan do with a diet change. 

• Posted

Hahaha yeah by God's grace I survived and yes I have an appointment with my doctor next Tuesday let's see what's he pescribes  with the report

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.