Nausea and back pain after i eat

Posted , 6 users are following.

My stomach has been swollen for 9 days , I look like I'm 7 months pregnant..i have nausea and mid to lower back pain that worsens in just a couple of minutes after i eat..I have some stomach pain that comes and goes and .my tubes are tied.I've been to 2 emergency rooms and they ran a bunch of blood work and ive had a ct scan and it all came back normal..What do I do

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ask for an endoscopy, ultrasound, an h pylori stool test, celiac screening and ask about IBS. If all tests come back negative, IBS can be diagnosed.  Also keep a food diary to check for any intolerances.  Try cutting out gluten and dairy which can be major triggers.  You could also ask about non celiac gluten intolerance.

I have IBS and have stomach pain with constipation and occasionally loose stools and nausea.

• Posted

Dorothy i am so sorry you are going through this. It's so frustrating knowing there is something wrong but the doctors can't find answers! I am dealing with the same issues only i don't have a gallbladder and have had pancreatitis with fluid surrounding the tail of my pancreas and of course the drs have no answers. Please continue to press the doctors for more tests. Unfortunately for me i have the worst health insurance so im gabbing trouble finding a dr. I pray you get some answers and if you do please keep us posted! Your answers could help many bc drs go by text book cases nd some cases are not text book cases!! Hope you feel better! ❤
    • Posted

Taylor, what exactly are/were your symptoms with your pancreatitis? Did you have rib pain and bloating? Mud stomach pain? 
    • Posted

Yes. Extreme pain under rib on right side which sounds weird bc pancreas is on left. Fatty stools. Need to go to bathroom after eating and severe stomach pains. Swollen stomach. Mostly just a very painful consistent ache on right side. My ribs hurt in the area also! Oh..extreme weight loss also!
    • Posted

*yes mud stomach feeling definetly! And just an all around sick feeling! All the time. Half the time i don't even want to eat bc the pain nd sick feeling!
  • Posted

You also might have an ulcer which makes the pain worse after you eat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.