Nausea and bloating after Gall Bladder removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my gall bladder surgery 4 weeks back and in addition to still having pain, I feel Nausea, fulness and bloating almost most of the time 

Has anyone experienced the same ? And how long will it take to feel absolutely normal ? Do I need to take any particular cautions in diet to avoid this feeling ? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

if you had bloating,fullness  before surgery and still you have the issues after surgery and it seems its has been 4 weeks, i feel the gallbladder is not the root cause for your bloating and fullness, however give it some more time, but for many folks i came across in this forum they are relieved within 2 to 4 weeks with the issues. Again, majority who got relief is where they had only gallbladder pain and not bloating and fullness history. Did you got bloating ,fullness issues for a long time before surgery ?

I do have a non working gallbladder and then i also got gallstones.But i did not remove yet, bcoz my surgeon says even after gallbladder removal, i may still have digestion issues as i also have gastritis.

Did you rule out no gastrits,ulcer ,etc by doing endoscopy and colonoscopy before gallbladder removal ?

• Posted

Thanks again for your very kind and detailed response. 

I think I will start eating less and heathy meals for sometime and then see how it goes. 

As of now there is nausea in the mornings and pain ( reduced now) in the abdomen and the back also. 

If it doesn’t get better will do the other tests 

• Posted

Hi there, I had mine out about six weeks ago and also having some nausea in the mornings especially after breakfast. It is a bit annoying because I often feel quite sick on the train to work! I am not having any pain or feelings of fullness though. Hope you feel better soon and maybe go to see Doc if pain keeps on.
    • Posted

Thanks Clara. 

My nausea is also in the mornings. Hope we both feel better soon 👍

• Posted

Yep I had this and found it took a good 8 weeks for the bloating to go away. Try to eat little and often instead of having big meals. Easier for your body to digest. I still get full quote quickly even now. If you’re worried then think it’s worthwhile getting checked out by your GP xx
    • Posted

Thanks Scottie. 

It’s always good to hear from persons who are going through similar problems and I think I was eating heavy and greasy meals which caused so much pain and discomfort. 

Small meals it is for me till I get completely better 

Thanks 

• Posted

Had my gallbladder out on Jan 11th and still have some nausea in the morning.i have learned to eat smaller and more frequent meals. This is a great place for info and support. I've learned it's a process to heal and though it's hard to be patient. 8f you are still feeling so lousy maybe your M.D. can prescribe an anti nausea medication such as zofran.

Good luck. You will continue to feel better over time.

June

• Posted

This forum is indeed helping me as it gives a more real idea of what’s to be expected ... my pain has reduced a little but hurts a lot when I cough or sneeze, but I guess that’s ok. 

The nausea is something that I was warned and I guess I just need to control my diet for some time. 

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.