nausea and intermittent diahorrea

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had mine out two years ago as i was having nausea and diahorrea intermittently.  The ultrasound showed some stomes and i occasionally had a pain between shoulder blades.

the removal,has not really helped.  I still get nausea on waking and some days diahorrea and i get the pain when i have eaten but not same intensity.  I also have bad anxiety.

my diet is very bland, plain rice, chicken, rice cereal, etc. No dairy, gliten or fat.

i just would like,the nausea to go away, i can deal with the diahorrea i think as its sporadic now.

does anyone else get mainly nausea after this op? Dr keeps saying mifht just be the anxiety but i cant see that when i wake with it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

endocopy and colonoscopy test are good?
    • Posted

Havent had endoscopy or colonoscopy.  Dr just says ibs but is now taking me more seriously as it is two,years and the back pain comes and goes, thr nausea too.  Diet is very bland. Have anxiety and depression too which is exacerbated by all this feeling ill.

before removal i had ibs and nausea and a few bouts of back pain, never in front. and scan showed some stones so decided to,take gb out.

Things ok at start but getting worse and back to where i was now with nausea loose bowel and back pain

why could this happen two years on.  Or is it my anxiety fuelling it,doesnt feel like it.

• Posted

I’m only 3 months post-op but still get nausea. I take cyclizine for it and it seems to help xx
    • Posted

Unfortunately cyclizine caused me massive heart palpitations and it was changed to buccastem.
    • Posted

do you get pain in back or loose motions from time to time, or is it just nausea?

does your dr think it is ok still having the nausea.?

my gp,gave me buccastem for it and it works but the nausea then returns.

• Posted

Get the pain in back and occasional loose stools. My doctor doesn’t seem too concerned. She’s given me lansoprazole to try to see if that settles my stomach down and make sure it’s not gastritis. Doesn’t seem to be making a difference just now anyway. So will no doubt be back at docs in the near future. Honestly think my body is just taking time to get used to living without a gallbladder and that things will start to settle soon xx
    • Posted

I dont feel so bad knowing someone else has these problems.  I think the nausea is the worst for me.  I was hoping things would dsettle by now and they did a bit, its quite sporadic  which makes it harder to deal with.  My gp suggested zantac but ive not gone that route yet,still usin buccastem. Diet is very bland so hoping that will assist.  Do let me know how you get on.  I am in Scotland and not sure nhs good at this sort if thing.
    • Posted

I’m also in Scotland. Will let you know what happens when I next go see them xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.