Nausea and tiredness on week 6 of Esmya

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Esmya now for six weeks. Not had bad side effects until last couple of weeks . I keep feeling very sickly and tired. Anyone else had this and what did you do to alleviate the problem? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I felt the same at around that time. I started taking mine later in the evening instead of the morning. That helped with sick and dizzy feeling. Still felt tired but managed to cope with that.
    • Posted

Thanks for that. I will try taking it later, at the moment I take it first thing in a morning!
  • Posted

I agree with Nik about taking the tablets in the evening as the best way to manage the potential tiredness. I have always taken them not long before going to bed, at least you are asleep for the earlier stages after taking it.   I think any effects are on and off and dont last, you seem to go through stages. I am 7 weeks or so through my second course of treatment ( after a 2 month gap) and feeling fine at the moment, but did have a few weeks of pain about 3 weeks or so in and do wonder if that is the meds doing their job and some of the fibroids breaking down, as a period of feeling better follows. This seemed to happen in the first course, but I had good spell and a not so good spell at the end of the first 3 months. We are all so different. I think it has been worth giving them a second go. In the first week I got headaches and then that eased up.    Good luck.             
  • Posted

Thanks Shell taken your comments on your board. I do think that we all go through good and bad times with the treatment.  Couple of weeks ago I felt great.  Let's hope the treatment does the trick! Thanks all for your help and comments. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.