Nausea and Vomiting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv had a lot of nausea and bad vomiting over the past three weeks. but it has been ongoing for a year.

I know Iv lost a lot of weight'. and doctors are still taking their time to figure out what it is. I live with this everyday'. and I cant seem to eat anything properly. Iv been on this site so many times trying to figure out answers. I have an appointment with another Doctor who is suppose to be a really Good doctor, apparently. . I actually feel like throwing up now. I need a lot of support for what I am going through'. and I need answers fast'. I feel like Im losing my life because of this. I cant seem to work either which is really frustrating. Im losing everyone around me because of this constant nausea. and throwing up. Im so tired of living like this. Im not suicidal but I do have thoughts of maybe my life would be so much better if I wasnt living in this constant sickness'. I was throwing up water. Doctors have done a lot of blood tests and PH STUDY TEST AND ENDOSCOPIES. i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. next is a stool test'. I saw a dietitian . I had no idea I could throw up after chewig on pineapple lumpps or Porridge for breakfast. I feel like its something really severe and I feel like im slowly deteriorating'. as in have no meat on me at all'. because Im constantly throwing up . I feel so sick . its not funny'. im expecting not to live for another Year due  to losing weight and constant throwing up and nausea. Still no answers from doctors etc.

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I went through this for over 2 years and lost 3 stone but now on the other side. I have only recently gone back to porridge as could not stomach it when I was at my most Ill. 

Doctors were unable to help me. I helped myself. I added more exercise into my life and a lot of water, 

I lost a 5 year relationship so it is not easy. In the end we both became so fed up of me being ill. I also lost a job I had been in for years.

I always had stomach issues before the sickness so the sickness never came in a vacuum. 

I am not skin and bone but for someone who has always been fat I do have a job to recognise myself when I look in the mirror.

I cut out alcohol, meat, relationship, work, going out, fun and added in excise, fruit and water and somewhere In there was the answer for me. 

I still have IBS but the sickness is more intermittent now

Good luck

• Posted

Oh My god Thats bad, I hope I dont let my sickness destroy me'. its sickening'. and depressing and drainging and exhausting'. I just am praying the doctors can do something'because this aint no way to live'. And I was happy before all this stress came into my life. Like the sickness taking over .. its like living in hell
    • Posted

How old are you? and what do you take for this ? nausea. I throw up or get nauseated over weetbix, or chocolate. especially pineapple lumps.. Im nto a pig when I eat. im quite moderately underweight, well around my shoulders and arms I am  :-(but everytime I weight myself the GP ALWAYS SAYS, no everything is fine, nothing to worry about with your weight'. Which is a LIE. '. cause I know everything is not fine'. I try to eat healthy but it is expensive to eat healthy . like bi=uying realy expensive salads or meat, especially meat, I do like oranges, my body or should I say stomach cant tolerate bananas. 
    • Posted

Compared to many in here I think my problems are minor. I spoke to a female friend a few months ago who said come back to me when you have sh*t yourself in public. Luckily her and her partner got through it whereas I felt so guilty being ill all the time. I have come to the conclusion I will remain single which is a little depressing but I can not go through what I went through last time. I am hoping to go back to work at some point. I tried a few months ago but my stress levels were too high but the office was an hour from me on public transport and that was just too far. My body was too worried. I have done the this ain't no way to live and now it is more this is how I live. I was 2 years into my best ever relationship and 9 years with the same company and I was happy too. One day I thought I had a stomach bug  after running to the loo many times and it turned out to be a permanent fixture in my life. My former partner has met someone else so she is happy. I am not the sort of person who has regrets but not making that relationship work is my only one but how can you be with someone when they are ill all time. It just became too difficult. Also it is not a serious illness unless you have it so saying I can not go into the office today due to IBS is seen as laughable. For me I think I just became too embarrassed of being ill, again and again and again ad Infinitum. 
    • Posted

40's so not old and not young. I do not take anything. I try to avoid being ill so I have adjusted my diet and this helps. I eat porridge now. When I first switched to porridge I was so ill but my body seems to have accepted the change now. I have a few squares of dark chocolate after a meal only. I do not eat Weetabix the driest cereal known to man. I was told to avoid pineapple with IBS. I eat apple daily and has worked for me. I was overweight but now average but my friends think I am underweight but I think because they saw me as fat for many years. I am still 13 stone so not slim but also 6 ft but I was 16 stone before any illness. I was told I had lost a lot of weight quickly so they had to check my blood pressure regularly for a while. I try to eat healthy too but I know what you mean. I buy separate ingredients and make my own salads. I can do this for £5 a week. I rarely touch meat. I can not eat oranges but I eat a banana daily. We are all different. 
    • Posted

PS I used to eat meat like ham but slowly cut it out and I noticed a huge change in illness. Next out was bacon. I still eat eggs though. I tried to reduce as much processed food as possible. I also went from 4 pints of milk per week to 2 which is only a litre so should be ok the doc says. I still eat some processed food due to cost but I have found I can eat fish fingers and I know it is rubbish but if it does not make me ill I am fine with it as a once a week meal. Also I cut out potatoes and cut down bread so 1 loaf per 1 week now if a little longer. I played around with my diet a lot but I have found what works for me may not work for others'
    • Posted

I know what you mean by laughable. and to be honest everything is laughable to a person who doesnt have the symptoms. because they arent dealing with it until it hits them. I do feel bad about you ending a good healthy happy relationship cause sometimes you need that kind of support.sicknesses can cause a lot of things in relationships but so can negativity from others as well ike the people who laugh about your sickness or think its a joke. You would be surprised at how much c*** comes out of a persons mouth when they want to target you knowing you are sick.I guess I feel lucky in a sense that I have the comfort of my partner, well I wouldnt say comfort but he knows what Im going through and regardless of what Im going through he loves me regardless'.So that to me is healing in some sort of way I guess, doesnt heal the sickness but It does feel Good to have that semi support. as he cant support me 24/7 he does work. and I do majority of things for him like Getting his work cothes ready'. make sure they're washed and dryed for him . and cook dinner and clean  etc'. and vacumm and enquire and telephone for his appointmentsI have eggs, I have hash browns and porridge , bread isnt my thing. Even though I do love it' . I love potatoes too. and Green Beans but yeah you know what I mean, buying healthy foods, is expensive, its not like its the cheapest food on this planet'. gluten free bread is like $6.00 a loaf. and people do have board to pay etc. and bills. So its like a lot of pressure'. you have to worry about your health on top of trying to get through In life with bills, I do want to work but Im so scared of being in public and getting sick'. its horrible. , its a nightmare, when I feel myself getting sick I drink alot of water to try and calm the nausea down
    • Posted

I do hope things work out for you too :-) I do the duties for my Partner, cause he is hard at work. and Yes I do feel guilty of not being able to work, Its not like I dont want to work , its just I am restricted to certain things, and can get tiering and exhausting listening to peoples comments. (negative comments) I mean really what would they know? its like its going through one ear and out the other'. sometimes I think if they need hearing aids'. or if its selective hearing  When people go on selective hearing and talk about their problems to me, it seems like the same ongoing thing I change the subject and talk about my problems Cause we all have needs and one cannot sit down and listen to someones personal demons when ou have enough going on . My main priority is getting well and being there for my partner atm.not listening to negative comments of other peoples opinions. I try to eat anything to try and maintain my weight'. . and ontop of that deal with peoples negativity.I just nod my head and say yes. ok. whatever you say. because youre opinions matter'.?lol
    • Posted

There are some illnesses which are treated very seriously because of the name but I had a cancer scare in my late 20's and I visit the hospital still once a year to check it is benign but never caused me any issue but you mention cancer and everyone treats you with kid gloves but mention IBS and people think it is more humorous. It even featured as a plot point in the remake of The Ladykillers. To be fair to her she supported me for over 2 years and I constantly let her down. We rarely went out or if we did I would be ill. I remember we went out with her close friends and I was ill during the meal and then once again when we got back. I said I would go to so many weddings and christenings but on the day I would be ill. In the end it was too much for her and I fully understand her reasons. I doubt I would have lasted as long but I do miss her and her family but that's life. At least when I am ill now I no longer have to feel guilty about missing something important. We remained as friends for 2 years and I think she was hoping I would recover but in fact I am worse now so she did the right thing to move on. I am stuck in limbo but I can not expect someone else to join me as it would be unfair on them.

That used to come from younger colleagues or older family members and you have to laugh along with it or risk looking like someone without a sense of humour. I would say it was not vindictive they were and in the case of family just having a laugh at my expense and I have to laugh along with comments like start charging you rent in the loo etc. This is why I rarely go out. 

It it is good you have the support network. I can not complain as I as much pushed her away as she left. I started to feel worthless and I did not want her to see me that way. I was a confident professional when we met and I wanted her to remember me in that way.

I have the comfort of you lot smile

I think I could do those tasks but it would be expected of me to provide more and at the moment I can not. 

I have scrambled egg on toast so that is what I use the bread for. I like potatoes but I do not think they are good for me. I have just this week started to steam green beans. Luckily I am fine with bread and just realised a loaf lasts 2 weeks and not one. I checked my receipts. 

Indeed those are the priorities and with no income coming in it is not easy.

I desperately want to work but have the same fears and most places of work are an hour from me on public transport and that is too much. Water is my drink of choice now. I even have one by my side now. Water and porridge it is like living in a Victorian workhouse. What have we become? smile It is hard to recognise myself as I was once a hard drinking tour musician. 

• Posted

I take everything one day at a time as I am sure most people do in here. I apply for jobs in walking distance which pop up occasionally but I am sure you can see the chances are slim but who knows what will happen. 

I am sure he appreciates it. Maybe it is male pride as I could gladly support a partner who was ill but I struggled myself. Also I was the breadwinner so my salary was the important one and without it life would have been a struggle anyway. Also not sure she would have been impressed with that position.

That is why I would need to start again so no one knows me and I do not know them. People do not tend to talk to me about their problems as I have ASD so I can be a little awkward. 

I have given up on getting well. For me it is about containment, managing the problem and maybe one day getting a job locally. That will do me now.

That is why I like it in here everyone is supportive. I have never been the sort of person who has needed support until now. I think I could maintain my weight without eating. I think I am naturally large although not that large at the mo as I ration food but if I stopped my weight would just increase naturally. I am like Cartman "I'm not fan just big boned." If you remember South Park. 

With not being in work I rarely see anyone now so do not really face negativity now. It is strange how my whole life previously revolved around work. I even met my former partner through it. Now it is all gone and I sit in silence relaxing. Maybe this helps too. I may have financial pressures but the stress of deadlines I do not have anymore and I do not have to manage any staff just myself.

My life has changed so much since I was first diagnosed with IBS five years ago now.

• Posted

Perhaps you should apply for disability benefit because of your IBS.  I get a disability payment for Aspergers.
    • Posted

I did not know it was classed as a disability re: IBS. I have never bothered re: ASD but maybe it is something to look into Thank you
    • Posted

I suppose it depends on the severity of your IBS.  As your IBS has prevented you from staying in work, I think this is a real disability.  My IBS is mainly mild but my Aspergers prevents me from passing interviews, multi tasking and staying in work.
    • Posted

I can keep IBS under control better but I just get into certain environments p, work, and I start being ill again. My ASD appears to have become more of an issue as more than a few people have commented on my awkwardness in interviews. Once I am in a close knit team and they allow for my weirdness I can get on very well in a company. 
    • Posted

I am at my most comfortable when with other writers and when I go to my Asperger group.
    • Posted

It is good that you have a skill which means you can be self sufficient and not have to rely on the workplace. I do not have those skills so still hope to get back into work at some point. I have a walking group of which I am a member and recently after being ill took my first walk again on Saturday. I even led the walk as I am quite nerdy and like maps and already planning my next walk. Unlike most of the others' though I try to find places with facilities close by smile. Walking is my therapy and on Saturday the weather was lovely and so were the views. That is when I am at my most comfortable.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.