Nausea and Vomiting

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since October, I have been having severe acid reflux and vomiting 10-15 times a day. I had an ultrasound, blood tests, and breath tests which showed no abnormalities, and an endoscopy, which showed inflamation but no other issues. If there is any pressure on my stomach, I immediately get nauseous and vomit. If I take Prilosec and Zantac daily, symptoms are tolerable. Sugar and greasy foods (even in extremely small quantities) cause severe nausea, vomiting, and acid reflux.

Potentially related, but potentially completely separate symptoms: any clothes that constrict my stomach cause severe cramping and pain. I can't wear any stiff fabrics, because they press on my abdomen when I sit down. I can essentially only wear dresses or leggings two sizes too big. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Looks like you had some infection that is causing this. 

Try some probiotic drinks. 

• Posted

omg this is same story as mine except that i haven't gone for an endoscopy yet..my additional symptom along with severe nausea and vomiting was chest pain..the pain used to be bad when trying to pass down food through the esophagus and my esophagus had an infection and swelling i dont know why..anyhow its been almost a month and i have been on rebeprazole 20 mg..chest pain and vomiting has become less but they are still there..i feel like the vomit is trapped in chest..drs say that you have gastritis or say inflammation of stomach lining..again this is an educated guess of drs and i have not gone through endoscopy..are you also having chest pains similar to mine??

• Posted

Mine are lower abdominal pains that feel like really severe stomach cramps. Mostly brought on by wearing constructing clothing.

And I was tested for an infection but did not have one

• Posted

i have no abdominal pain only chest pain and severe nausea..today i missed my doze and then had again severe nausea attack..i m so tensed..dr is asking me to continue this medicine but i feel.like this medicine is just suppressing the problem.
  • Posted

Try keeping a food diary and ask for a gastric emptying test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.