Nausea and vomitting after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had my gallbladder out 11 days ago as a emergency, because was really inflamed and was in constant severe pain. After about 4days I've been feeling constantly sick and sometimes being sick. Has anyone else had this, and what was the cause? Any help will be great smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes me too! I had mine out on 30th may and was fine to begin with now feel nauseous if I eat high fat foods which is ironical as I didn't have these symptoms before op with fatty foods. I've been told to eat plain food and drink lots of water and it seems to be helping. Also have stopped pain killers as this may have been adding to it.
  • Posted

Good advice from Vixter, porridge can help sometimes but only in small amounts!

check out the other posts on here about life after gallbladder surgery.  Sickness and nausea are quite common along with severe pain.  Some people cope without a GB and many don't !  If you vomit green it could be excess bile from your liver, as your GB can no longer act as a storage tank.  All said if it continues you should see your GP,  the internal stitches can take a lot longer than the external ones, I think my GP said 6-8 weeks.  Good Luck 

• Posted

Hi following up from my previous post I was readmitted last night with abdominal pain and vomiting. They think there was a rogue gall stone lurking in my bile duct. If your symptoms continue I'd get it checked out. V
  • Posted

It all settled down now smile Got a MRI scan on Thursday for some reason. I guess it to check everything is okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.