Nausea - any remedies

Posted , 10 users are following.

Fibro the condition that just keeps giving -

Well nausea has hit hard today.    This is a symptom that has only hit me once before but it's back.   Anyone got any tips for combating this. I hate this symptom more than any other.  No one else in the household has suffered so I am assuming it is fibro related.  Thanks is advance fibro gang  - I am sure at least one of you has a remedy up  your sleeve that you can share.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ginger works for me. I drink tea or have a ginger biscuit x
  • Posted

Peppermint tea or Aloe Vera juice. Works wonders:-) 
  • Posted

peppermint helps me. You can buy peppermint oil capsules. But even sucking an extra strong mint helps! 
  • Posted

Thanks for the prompt replies folks. I need to crack this quickly as I need to get to work
  • Posted

Peppermint tea or tabs are excellent for stomach ailments...do hope you get well soon Maggers,.be blessed..:-) xx
  • Posted

Stemetil tablets which sit in your gum margin and dissolve. They are on prescription and are pretty good.
  • Posted

I keep crystallised ginger in at all times now and chew slowly.  Also eat loads of mints when the nausea hits.  Also ginger tea worth having in cupboard as well.

good luck Kathleen 

• Posted

ginger has the best eveidence, they have candy ginger you can find.
  • Posted

Thank you all so much All information written down and will try all the remedies one at a time so that I can work out what works for me.  Fibro Gang you are all brilliant

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.