Nausea every day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone suffered from a mild nausea feeling with Gastritis. I started feeling nauseous about four months ago and thought at first it was due to eating and drinking more while on holiday. When I take an Omeprazole it seems to ease off so I'm thinking it may be due to some sort of inflammation in my stomach. Gp doesn't seem interested in sending me for any tests but its really starting to stress me out.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with Gastritis? Since the omeprazole is working, I wouldn't worry. It is good news for younifvyour doctor is unconcerned.

• Posted

No I haven't been diagnosed with Gastritis. My Gp has treated me for reflux with a 28 days supply of Omeprazole but I've finished the course now and the nausea has returned. I think that because I have a history of reflux he thinks it's that but I've never had the nauseous feeling before. I suffer with anxiety and I think I may be making it worse through constant worrying. Also around the same time I started to suffer with constipation so I'm thinking the two things are somehow connected. I'm also waiting for results of some blood tests, so at the moment my anxiety is through the roof! I may have to pay privately if I can't get anywhere with the Gp, as I don't think I can put up with it much longer!

• Posted

Are you having abdominal pain that moves about along with the constipation, nausea and reflux? If so, it could be IBS. I had a private ultrasound because I was to worried to wait for an NHS appointment. However, the results showed nothing and I worried all the more. After three and a half months, I was diagnosed with IBS. My anxiety got me diagnosed.

• Posted

I had nausea so bad every morning when I woke up that I couldn't go to work. they started putting me through a whole bunch of tests all of them proving nothing. finally I was at my primary care doctors office and I said something that bike made a light come on for him. he prescribed a medication for me that worked like a charm. I no longer take any antacids only this medication. I go in in about 2 weeks for another test that will be testing how efficiently my stomach empties itself. I believe that is really what's wrong with me. I believe that my stomach isn't emptying properly and because of it food is rotting in my stomach and creating all the gas problems that I had and have been treating with antacids. so get him to refer you to an end gastroenterologist and mention the stomach not emptying properly. doctors handled and acids like they were candy and it's not always an acid problem sometimes there's a bigger problem underlying that acid.

• Posted

Hi what did they say was wrong with your stomach ? i to think thats the prob with mine full of gas and cant get the wind up .ive had bloods and Ct no results yet waiting on conaloscapy and scope

• Posted

pip11948 same here..I don't believe my stomach is emptying properly ether. What meds did the doc prescribe for you? I used to be on acid blockers for 10 years and they don't seem to be working any longer. I have had multiply scopes. ( colon and upper endo.) would you please tell me what they have you taking now? Thanks a bunch for you story. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.