nausea feeling every time i wake up

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i came here to seek help after going around doctors for more then a year & half.

all started a year and half or so when i had a extreme vomiting for 2 days straight.

since then every time i sleep no matter night or day time when i wake up i feel strong nausea. i did notice the the nausea is weaker when the time i slept was shorter.

also i notice that if i wake up constantly over the night ( happen twice dunno the reason)

i woke up so much better the usually.

i did run a colonoscopy and Gastroscopy. had a poly remove from the [color=#3e3e3e]large intestine[/color] and nothing found in the Gastroscopy

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see if a food is causing the nausea? Do you have any pain or change of bowel habit?  Do you feel any better since the polyp was removed?
    • Posted

I had polyps removed and never felt a thing, no change made, but i was watching the scopes progress on a screen beside me and he showed me them, i didn't look when they took them out. They were sent to the lab and found to be all clear.

• Posted

i tryed fodmap diet 2 weeks before the poly removed actually it made it worse and i even missed alot of working days cuz of pain
    • Posted

Have your doctors made any suggestions about what your problem could be?
  • Posted

Yes, i've had the gastroscope a number of times; and the Sigmoidoscope (up the other end!). 12 years ago they removed my Gall bladder and after bing in three days they sent me home; i didnt think it was right as i wasnt feeling good at all. I WAS right, i got home on the fri; and one the sun i woke to find my abdomen severely swollen; it was a massive infection in all three keyhole wounds and i was taken back in and stayed 2 weeks to get it all sorted out. I dont mind hospital really so it wasnt a major problem for me but i knew i wasnt ready to home so soon after the operation. 

I had PH and Manometry studies done last Oct, and then i was told i was to have an operation to sort out my hiatus hernia. The hospital 'dropped the ball' from the testing and i had to pester them endlessly to get my case picked up again; they said they had lost the results! Yeah right. Four weeks and i am to see the surgeon, and i'll know when it will be at this appointment.

• Posted

All my stomach issues started to be worse after gallbladder removal.  I think some people are lucky with this and others left with lefelong problems like me
  • Posted

I have had nausea for almost 10 mths. now - sometimes all day - sometimes it comes on at night - all night and most every morning I wake up with it.  I have had a lot of tests - colonoscopy, endoscopy, hida scan, CT scan, gallbladder ultrasound - (because I have pain on and off in my right side under ribs and sometimes left now), had H pyloric bloodwork - several other things - I have Zofran for nausea - sometimes helps some - sometimes not - not they have given me Doxepin to try.......Hope you find out what is causing yours!

• Posted

Try testing for parasites? Same thing happened to a friend of mine for 4 years until she was finally tested for parasites.
    • Posted

I did blowing test if it count as test for parasites 
    • Posted

Maybe you should try a stool test as well?
    • Posted

i looked into the papers i did stool test aswell nothing found there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.