Nausea, for 5months!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 28, have 2 kids and am otherwise healthy. I am breastfeeding my 22month old daughter. I have been to the doc recently as I've had nausea every day since Sept/Oct '12. About every two weeks I feel incredibly sick and have an upset stomach for a day or two. This has been repeating itself the whole time. I'm exhausted and feeling like this is making me mentally tired, and I'm reluctant to go out. My doctor had the cheek to tell me its anxiety because my appointment happened to be on a bad day! I was tested (blood) for thyroid levels, liver function, all the usual stuff and its come back normal. What could be going on? I am waiting to see my doctor next week but I just can't live like this.... Anyone have any advice???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm sorry you have been feeling so nauseous all the time, that must be a nightmare when you have small children. I felt as you do for approx a year and had of course been to GP on numerous times. I like you was tested for thyroid (three times!) and was started on anti depressants. My nausea became worse and I began to vomit quite frequently,too. This was really difficult with work ( I work in catering so all vomiting has to be investigated) After various diagnosis's I called my surgery and asked to see someone that day (I felt so,so sick and very tearful cos I was so tired of feeling that way-like you I felt exhausted) consequently, I saw a GP I hadn't seen before and explained the situation in tears, begging her to find out what was wrong with me! She did various checks(everything my own GP had done before) apart from one small test that was very simple but proved the turning point-she took my blood sugar reading and the result was 23.7! It should be between 4-7! There was my diagnosis, I was diabetic! I was in shock as no- one in my family has ever had diabetes but I was so relieved I had a diagnosis! When you know what's wrong you can start to put it right!

I'm sure there are one million and one conditions with nausea as a symptom but if my story rings true for you, then it's a very simple test to check (I had to have a blood test before they officially told me I was diabetic, it was taken 10.25am(fasting glucose) i received a call from surgery @ 4.35pm requesting i see my GP asap, and by then my glucose levels were so high it couldn't be managed by diet alone) but as soon as I started meds and changed my diet I began to feel better. Amazingly, my regular GP asked me rather incredulously 'what made Dr Kierstan check your glucose levels?' It had never crossed his mind! Now, if I don't manage my diabetes well and my glucose levels rise I get that familiar,nauseous feeling but at least now I can manage it! Hope your feeling better soon x

• Posted

Thankyou. I'm glad you got diagnosed! I feel pretty sick today and have had diarrhea (sorry tmi lol). I wonder if I should ask my doc to check my sugar levels? I had a 2week period of being really dizzy last year that was before the nausea started. Hm wonder if its linked...? I hate feeling like this its just the worst. I keep searching google for answers but of course theres nothing helpful. I have a doc appointment on Monday I can't wait. Xx
  • Posted

I am anaemic! Been sent off with lots of iron pills. Hopefully this will help smile

• Posted

Right, I am as of today taking Rigevidon in an attempt to even out my hormones. My doctor thinks I'm reacting to peaks during my cycle. Here's hoping it works! XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.