Nausea for a month...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I cam across this post and wanted some advice and info. Cause I have similar symptoms.

For the past month, I have been dealing with nausea, no appetite, weakness, constipation and mild diarrhea. I feel like I have to go to the bathroom with diarrhea and I can't get anything out but just little bits of diarrhea. (sorry for the TMI) I can’t sleep, and I have no energy. It doesn’t matter what I eat, I feel the fullness in my upper abdomen and feel nauseated.

I have had an endoscopy and colonoscopy and the colon was normal the endo I had slight gastritis and inflamed lower stomach. They tested for h pylori and celiac disease and both were negative. No ulcer. I go for a HIDA scan in a couple of days. If it isn’t my gallbladder what else could it possibly be?!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If it's not a gallbladder issue it may be worth looking at IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome).

I have a friend who has had IBS for more than 10 years and her symptoms were identical to the symptoms I experienced (all of the ones you mention in your post) pre gallbladder surgery. In the UK it's said that IBS affects 1 in 3 although more predominant in women.

I have also read some literature that suggests that gallbladder removal may trigger IBS in some people.

Best Wishes

• Posted

Hi Anita wait until you have the Hida scan because this along with your oscopies will tell you if there is anything wrong with your digestive system complete.  Sometimes it still does not prove 100% in conclusion but it will be a good MOT of your digestive system!

One of the things I am aware of is the vitamin B12 I believe it is which can cause a problem if lacking and as we get older this seems to happen a lot this may account for lack of energy but if your sickening this too will make you feel a lack of energy which is why something like Lucozade is good for you as it replaces electrolites from sickness or loose stool buth of which will also dehydrate you as well?   GB at its worse you will have pain but it still can upset your tummy, so you COULD be having first signs of it.  Liver and Pancreas are two other parts of the system both of which would upset you if they are affected but yes GB it seems to be the starter area.  Good luck with the Hida and let us know how you get on!  

• Posted

Why don't you try Activated Charcoal 2 capsules a day for a week , that will absorb many toxins away .

Maybe every 2 days take Pepto Bismol it helps settle the digestive tract and has a slight antibacterial effect.

Apple cider vinegar and milk thistle help detoxify the liver.

Activated Charcoal has no side effect but take it 1 hour separated from meds and supplements otherwise they'll be absorbed too.

For Pepto Bismol read all the instructions.

Hope it helps

• Posted

I had a Hida Scan today, my gallbladder function is 0%. I’m meeting with a surgeon in a couple days. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.