nausea hell!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Having severe nausea every day in perimenopause. Ive had it in bouts the last eight years of my perimenopause but lately its constant. I feel awful just like being pregnant but im not. Been prescribed stemetil by gp but reluctant to take as already an AD that causes drowsiness.

Anyone else get this or tried stemetil.

Ive got to cook Christmas dinner for everyone tomorrow but cant stand the smell of food.

Ive got every hormonal symptom there is to have but this is really getting me down x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have used used stemiltil for sickness during migraines and it has always been fine.  I also have experienced every symptom - still do - trying to ride through without medication.  Anxiety is a real problem that consistently hangs around.  I have a very short fuse at times too!  I have used stem it'll for a long time - years - always makes me feel less nauseous.

Good luck.  Stay positive - it definitely helps.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Its put my mind at ease about using it. I too suffer horrod anxieties during this transition. One symptom after another. Always convincing myself im dying or something. Really no fun Thanks again x
  • Posted

I have every hormonal symptom myself the nausea diarrhea, the moods the nose bleeds the not sleeping well at night you name it I have it 

Can not use HRTs due to blood pressure problems, diabetes and hypothyroidism. I have been taking melatonin 1 mg to help me sleep at night so far its helped and i take a one a day vitamin for menopause 

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Yes it's really annoying. I used to suck on a mint whilst cooking. Extra strong ones if I was feeling really yuk.

Also always had mints with me when I went shopping because sometimes just the sight of food made me queasy.

I found taking ginger or drinking ginger tea half an hour before eating made me feel more like eating

I'm into meno now and it is better than it was but I now dislike a lot of foods that I used to love.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Michelle, i've been following your posts and unfortunately I have all the same issues you do. I am 49 and this started for me in August. I am in hell also. Now it seems I also have some sort of bladder issue. Christmas is very hard this year. My symptoms seem to never go. Just wanted to let you know I wish you well, I hope you and everyone else on the site have a Merry Christmas.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, me to with the nausea, its just like waking up to pregnancy morning sickness isnt it. Whats Stemetil?

Sue x 

• Posted

Oh right, is it safer than Omeprazole as i was prescirbed these from dr. she said my nausea is due to to much stomach acid but i have no other symptoms and i wont take the tablets, they are lethal.

Sue x

• Posted

I was also given omeprazole but it gave me a headache and palpitations. I havent tried the stemetil yet as I am on a low dose AD and stemetil can cause drowsiness. its been really hard cooking for every one today and I can barely eat. Feel bloated and sick. Wish it would all go away x
    • Posted

Michelle you have my sympathy, always feeling sick and bloated too, even worse since i just ate the trifle  mum brought up, im sure by the end of the day  my waist is another 2" more. The weight gain is awful, gone from a size 12 to 16 but have such slim legs so i feel like an emu bird! lol x 
    • Posted

Lol that made me laugh. I do know what you mean though. Hope you enjoy the rest of the day x
    • Posted

Yes thought it would lol, enjoy uour day too, nausea and all!

Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.