Nausea in chest?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I sometimes feel like I'm nauseous but the butterflies feel like they're in my chest instead of my stomach. I've felt this way several times a day on most days since my diagnosis last year. Just wondering if anyone else feels that strange sensation in their chest.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.

I understand what you mean about the butterflies, but this sensation I feel more in my upper back rather than my chest. I know that my infection is quite bad when I get this feeling. Once the infection clears then the butterflies go. It's a strange feeling.

• Posted

Hello Frogwartz! I think I know what you mean. I have described it to my husband like "having to throw up but from your lungs". It is something most people have not felt unless they have these lung issues. Sometimes sneezing a few times helps it. The force of the sneeze seems to help. Weird stuff!😊

• Posted

Yes! That's exactly what it feels like. Like I need to throw up but from my lungs. I hate that other people feel it too, but it helps me not feel crazy knowing that I'm not the only one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.