Nausea, indigestion, pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, this is my first time posting on the web. I'm at my witt's end and anxiety is through the roof, i've now convinced myself that I have some horrible disease. One day out of the blue in April I started having some nausea, that followed by a week of mild indigestion, then that followed by me eating some lunch and doubling over with upper abdominal pain, followed by daily nausea that lasted for 4 weeks. I lost weight and was only on soft foods, and I improved and felt better for about 3 weeks, only to have the same thing happen all over again. Now on day 5 of nausea and indigestion. Has anyone ever experienced nausea on an ongoing basis for weeks/months, did it ever go away? I feel like food sometimes just sits in my stomach and is not moving fast enough, causing burping and indigestion. I've only just started seeing a Gastroenterologist and he told me it's constipation related, the thing is I'm not constipated wtf..... I think he is a bit like let's wait and see what happens with me, but I can't function on the small amount of food that I am able to eat and constant nausea. I have two small kids to look after, and even the antinausea medicine GI doctor gave me is not helping. I've now convinced myself I have Gastroparesis or something. I must add I am a very healthy 34 year old, don't drink too much or smoke. I can't believe this is happening to me and I just want my normal life back. I read so many similar posts on here but nobody ever goes back to write an update on wheather they recovered.

Another thing to add is I have been strictly gluten free for about 4 months, because I was diagnosed as celiac via endoscopy back in Feb. I was fine after the endoscopy and was gluten free and no problems back in Feb/March. My endoscopy only showed mild superficial gastritis, whatever that means. This new indigetion/nausea problem just started in April.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried probiotics ? Try that and I had bloating and nausea and acid reflux. I used apple cider vinegar with the mother. At night I would take a magnesium supplement and that seemed to help. Try these natural remedies and let me know ! Also, ask the doctor if you have gall stones. Could be that.
  • Posted

Your tests show that your gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) is mild.  However, it may be responible for your nausea and indigestion.   Was h pylori ruled out?   For peace of mind, ask for a stomach emptying test to check for gastroparesis.
  • Posted

Go for a second opinion to a hospital E/R. They have testing equipment that independent doctors do not have.
  • Posted

Yeah I know exactly how you feel. My boyfriend has had this problem since December and still no answers. He had every symptom of gastroparesis. I was so sure he had it, I had done tons of research and even bought gastroparesis friendly cook books. But he didn't have gastroparesis. If you're not vomiting that's a pretty good sign I think since almost all gastroparesis stories I've heard talk about vomiting as a daily thing. Just to ease your mind.. I would recommend a colonoscopy since a lot of digestive disorders cause nausea and indigestion like feelings. Would also recommend abdominal ultrasound, hida scan, barium x-ray, and stool sample. That's what we're planning to get done to figure out what the problem is. Like someone else said, it could be your gastritis, but in the mean time you should try natural nausea remedies to see if they could help heal your body!

• Posted

Hi Everyone

Sorry for jumping on this post.

Emily, did your boyfriend have a gastric emptying scan to confirm he does not have gastroparesis? Has he vomited?

If he has had the gastric emptying test done and it was fine you could ask for an H pylori test. My mom's friends son was vomiting, nauseous, bloated etc and he ended up having a bad H pylori infection. You could also look into parasite and bacteria testing especially SIBO (small intestinal bacteria overgrowth) and maybe have an allergy test done. My sister is technically not lactose intolerant but if she consumes dairy products she gets super sick. A naturopath did a test and turns out she does have a severe milk allergy. Just a couple thoughts maybe one of them will help you guys

• Posted

Yes he had one done, and he only vomited the first day of getting the nausea. He got an H pylori test done, and it came back negative. Thanks so much for the other info, I will look into all of that!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.