Nausea is here to stay...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All- been reading these forums on and off for awhile now and it's helped immensely so thank you!

I got diagnosed with mono four months ago which threw me for a loop since I had it four years ago (I'm 31 now). I had everything from night sweats, body aches, slight fever, chills, fatigue, but the worst of it was definitely the nausea. Everything else is gone except for the fatigue and the nausea which is persistent.

It's crazy to think that in month 4 it's still running me down, does anyone else experience it this far along? I'm wondering if its even worth seeing a doctor for the 5th or 6th time or if I just need to wait it out even longer...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hey Eric,

I definitely had the nausea for a good 3 months. I would wake up in the morning and have morning sickness. I'm thankful I never threw up, but it was a horrible feeling that would last the first few hours of the morning EVERY day until it just started going away. I'm into month 4 of mono and all the symptoms have gone away, except the fatigue and this nasal congestion I have. The fatigue has significantly improved, but I can tell my energy levels are generally lower. Keep your head up. Also, take vitamins if you haven't, such as Lysine.

• Posted

Hey Matthew, glad to hear it's started to clear up for you. That definitely gives me some hope lol Fatigue I can deal with but the nausea is more than annoying. Especially since I'm trying to eat more and gain all that weight I initially lost.

• Posted

bro ive had a really similar experience . Most of my symptoms have gone away except for the nausea , its gotten better over time but im in month 6 now and its good day /bad day/ good day / bad day. It is so strange , and its pretty crappy altogether . I was in epic shape before this whole ordeal i was lifting/ running every day and now the gym is so far away . My sister and her son got sick around the same time as me and they have since made a full recovery . Im improving daily but its so slow its hard to tell. Its just a crappy ordeal , anyway it will eventually go away . Hang in there .

• Posted

Month 6?? Dang that's terrible. Glad that the other symptoms are gone so that's a good sign. I miss hitting the gym too that's for sure. My fatigue usually knocks me out too much but I'm hoping to get back in a couple of weeks. I got no muscle left which sucks.

• Posted

ive had it ages and very bad since April 2019 but improving now and shades of normality coming back. It will go away hang on in there

• Posted

Thanks William. Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with it on and off since April. I get some good days where i feel 100% but it's rare. That's what makes it hard when you have one or two normal days then boom another week of fatigue and nausea. It knocks down your mood.

• Posted

yes i vomited a few times ...mainly just water . im in month 21 going into month 22.

im not better yet ..have months sept oct i was ok stable.. then relapsed a bit nov dec ok but this past week have relapsed most if the week . which hasnt happened in a while normally its just a day . ive had some sweats but no real mono symptoms like fever etc . still completely AWFUL though. ive been in bed almost 22 months now.

• Posted

I'm very sorry, Lori. That sounds awful. I was bed ridden for a good 2 - 3 months and it was awful. I'm not back at the gym or anywhere near as energized as I used to be yet, but keep pulling through!

• Posted

Feel better Lori! We're all pulling for you

• Posted

thank you ! yes its getting so old . cant believe its been so long but i guess 2 years is common .

i too worked out every day ran weights bike i was superfit . i miss it.

• Posted

Hey

It does get easier i promise. I had it July 2017 and recovered march 2019. The tiredness, feeling sick, neck pain was the worst for me was i had HUGE anxiety. Everyone is different but it takes time a lot off it. I was sure i would never recover but i did fully x

• Posted

Thanks Rosanna. I've basically had nausea the whole week and today is the first time (so far) I woke up without it. But if it's not one thing it's another- I just feel fatigued and just generally feel unwell. Thank you for continuing to post on these boards even though you've been "normal" since March '19! Helps those of us still going through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.