Nausea, metallic taste and palputations after gall bladder removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi

I am 38 and had my gall bladder removed in October 2014, I was ok for a while but the last 6 weeks I have development nausea and a metallic taste in my mouth which is much worse after I eat and then I also get palputations, I feel tired also and lack of energy.  I have been to the doctors and they have put me on omeprazole and gaviscon advanced although I am not experiencing heartburn or indigestion.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am 5 weeks post op and got  all the same symptoms. MY Dr has put me on Domperidone which has really sorted the problem out. She said the idea is the bile is causing the taste and sickeness and these tablets move it through the body quicker so it doesnt come upwards but goes down.  If it is a stomach acid problem then  hopefully the omeprazole and gavison will help but it does take a little while. I hope they can get this sorted out for you soon.
    • Posted

Thanks Jayne I will give it a while longer on the medication before going back up the doctors.  I hope it does calm down as it's making me miserable sad glad it's sorted yours out x

• Posted

Hi Lisa am sorry to hear your feeling unwell. The metallic taste could be bile. If it is the drugs prescribed won't help as there for acid. Have you had constipation or diarrhea? If it's bile reflux bile salt meds are usually prescribed like questran which work by soaking up the bile. The meds Jane was prescribed can also help as they help the tummy empty more quickly. Alternatively you could try psyllium husk which works by soaking up the bile and acid. Also milk thistle extract is great too as it helps the bile flow better. I use both and they work very well for me and no side effects. I had mine removed last December. X
    • Posted

I have had less frequent bowel movements but not constipation or diarrhoea.  Can you buy these online? Thanks Lisa 
    • Posted

Yes the milk thistle extract I take also has dandelion riot and artichoke in it. The psyllium husk powder I take has digestive enzymes in it too. I take 1 teaspoon twice a day in water 10 minutes before I eat and the milk thistle I get is drops and I take 15 drops twice a day in a little water usually with breakfast and dinner. If you've no indigestion it sounds more like bile and your bowel being not as frequent is probably connected. Have you had no issues until 6 weeks ago? X
    • Posted

No problems until 6 weeks ago, it's really getting me down now, I will go back to the doctors next week to say that the acid reflux meds not working I can't wait a month as they suggested feeling like this! I will also get some of what you have suggested to try, will let you know how I get on thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.