Nausea now ( again )

Posted , 7 users are following.

Last night on was on here talking about my chest , now I’m feeling rough and back to my stomach issues . This is how peri all began for me just over three years ago with all the stomach issues . Now I feel I’m going back to square one again . All my problems stemmed from my mum dying in June 2015 and today would have been her birthday . In the night I thought I was going to be sick , but that could have been the reflux I get now and again . Then I had to use the bathroom twice and again this morning ( sorry if tmi ) . It’s like I’ve taken a laxative . I’ve had so many tests , all clear so why do I still feel like this ? I have been weaning myself off citalopram an AD over the past year also . I was doing so well with the symptoms disappearing and now BAM , in the past six weeks since I haven’t had a period they’ve all been creeping back . Feel horrible this morning and just want to cry . Can’t talk to my husband and daughter , as they’re probably fed up hearing about it . Seem to be getting like mini hot flushes as well . Please help 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Awwww bless you. I had and still have those issues. Im now post meno had peri for 10 years. It was hell. Im still going through symptoms.

My doctor has just given me 10 mg of cytalopram to start. I havent yet ive got major anxiety.

Why are you coming off and did they help you? X

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Michelle . The doctor wants me off the tablets , but they helped me so much . I really don’t want to go back to where I was . Today it feels like a bug , but I just do t know . Could it be because I’ve missed a period and all my hormones are all over the place ? 
    • Posted

Hi jane

Yes i think so that coupled with coming off the AD.

It takes time but can be done i weaned off mirtazapine that i was on for a year.

I would stay away from reading other peoples stories on google about weaning off.

It made me feel worse when i didnt need to.

You will get through the weaning off stage.

How long were you on cytalapram if you dont mind me asking? X

• Posted

Sorry forgot to mention nausea was and still is an issue for me in meno. X
    • Posted

I have been on citalopram since the end of January 2016 . I have only ever taken a max of 10 mg and I still take a small crumb daily . My husband and daughter have advised me to up the dose again just to help me through these tough times . I was so much better on it . As my husband d says he has got to take his blood pressure tablet until the day he dies , so I should not worry about taking the AD if it helps me through peri , is just the stigma attached to it . It just makes me think I can’t function without it. I should have known peri wouldn’t be great as I had a terrible puberty with fluey feelings and bad heads . This then went on to extremely heavy and painful periods . I can’t wait for it all to stop , but I don’t want to wish my life away either . 
    • Posted

Jane

I hear you. It makes perfect sense what you are saying about the meds.

If they work why come off?

But obviously your doctor has his reasons for wanting you to?

My husband also is on blood pressure meds for life.

I havent tried the cytalapram as i had an awful experience with prozac many years ago and that was also an ssri antidepressant.

I have the prescription havent got it yet.

I hope you can make the right choice for you in the end x

• Posted

Dear Jane

Sorry to hear about loosing your mum, menopause is bad enough without having to go through bereavement aswell. Sadly I lost my mum twenty odd years ago but I still think of her everyday along with my sister . I am three years post menopause a day I suffered that horrible me nausea in peri (especially in the mornings) Caffeine a day fatty foods made it worse and I did have gastitis and lost weight, it was a horrible time. I made a point of not eating late and I (even now) have my bed raised at the top end with some wood blocks as reflux at night can make you feel nauseous on waking. I know from experience that if you're worried etc it can make stomach issues alot worse. I take a priobotic drink even now which helps with digestion and of course a good dose of water. Unfortunately with menopause symptoms can come and go but hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel x

• Posted

Excuse wording, I have a new phone! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.