Nausea on waking is it depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

each day wake with nausea which dissipates as day goes by allowing me to eat by teatime. Dont sleep well either.

1 like, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi ann. Obv im not a dr so id also suggest seeing one to rule out a physical cause. But my naysea in the mornings is due to anxiety. It lasts for a lot of the day, my appetite is not good. Ive lost 19 1b since november.. i also have problems sleeping. Severe insomnia xx this duznt mean its anxiety in yr case but nausea is a big symptom for me xx
    • Posted

My dr tells me the nausea in the mornings is due to anxiety too.  Took my gallbladder out but symptoms didnt leave so i guess theyre right. What do you take to help your condition?
    • Posted

Hi ann. My gallbladder gad to be removed in june of last year nausea remained & anxiety is the cause. When extremely severe & going thru depression also the only thing that even takes the edge off is diazepam. Short term as drs dont like giving them out. U could try each day eating a banana before u wven get out of bed or ginger biscuits. Doesnt cure anxiety obv but takes the edge off morning nausea xx

• Posted

This also helped me wen i had severe morning sickness when pregnant with my daughter xx although i needed hospitalisation at times with it that helped at home xx
    • Posted

Excuse my spelling in first post there lol. Getting used to varifocals xx ;0)
    • Posted

My weight has ballooned by two stone since taking mirtazapine, but it hasnt helped the depression/anxiety. I am having a few rich tea biscuits in the morning and it seems to help.  Last two days have had doses of the runs which i am treating with imodium.  Doesnt take the nausea away but helps the bowel.  Every day is an adventure as to which symptom will be worse!   Are you on an anti dep to help you, imhave had such a rough ride with these as they just blast the nausea and anxiety sky high, psych still not sure what to try next. 
    • Posted

Yes ann on fluoxetine ( prozac ). 13+ yrs now. I have rough times when they alone arent enough to help. & rarely im given diazepem short terms for them times xx very sparingly much to my annoyance as im not daft i understand the addiction stuff they talk about long term. But hate that mistakes made in the 60s & 70s etc as in handin them out like smarties means when any of us need them now uve pretty much gotta be at crisis point. Wud b grt to get help before feeling alls lost xx! Rant over lol. Xx glad the rich tea help a bit n hope u find another a.d that suits u with yr psychiatrist xx

• Posted

Hi, yes i know how you feel, its such a hassle between the anxiety, fatigue, nausea etc.   Do you also get any palpitations, they seemed to wake me the other night.  I also have what I think is ibs which is rearing its ugly head and if i eat i get the runs. Still awaiting psychiatrist who promised to get back to me this week about new meds.  Just fed up feeling rubbish and depending on diazepam to get by which is not ideal
    • Posted

Get the horrendous fatigue ann yes xx i only get the palpitations wen really anxious xxx ye its not ideal hun i agree xxx
    • Posted

But sometimes needs must xxxx
    • Posted

This week my nausea has exacerbated and will not leave till about bedtime when i can eat.   Wake next day and its back.   Dont know what medicarions i can take to help get through this.  Ibs acting up badly too.  Is this normal for anxiety
    • Posted

Hi ann my nausea has only been as bad as that when anxiety is at its more severe... u should definately
    • Posted

Go back to yr gp tell them its getin worse xxx
    • Posted

Got an appointment today. I think you are right, anxiety is worse.   What do you think she will be able to do except some diazepam? It would be helpful if you could tell me if you have had this experience and anything that helped. Doing my app and other distractions not helping.  Do you think i need a different anti dep, its just nothing has been any good so far.
    • Posted

I feel your agony Ann I in a terrible way right sick every morning after waking with palpitations.
    • Posted

Can i ask if you have been able to see anyone about your condition and if so what they have recommended to help you?  i e what medications have helped.  I have tried the ginger tea but gave me acid reflux. I find i can suck a mint boiled sweet in afternoons.
    • Posted

I'm on citropram for depression doctor gave me cyclizine for sickness. To be honest because this is more psychology I don't think there's much we can do about it until our anxiety gets better . Aniseed twist or rhubarb and custard boil sweets help me.

You might find mints give you wind.

• Posted

Unfortunately ann nothing works for me when im like this even the diazepam only takes the edge off . Im unable to sit still or get up other times. Cant concentrate on tv or 2 read a book so im not much help to u there xxx
    • Posted

Oh you are in such the same place as me.   The diazepam only touches the anxiety and cant concentrate on anything.  The nausea and runs are now making this worse as i dont know when or if to eat.  People keep telling me time will take care of this, i just dont know.
    • Posted

Everyhing you have written makes so much sense to me, ive fattigue, almost all the the time got it, today im shaky, try to keep diaz at low level too. BUt as say just takes edge off.  Just want my old self back. 
    • Posted

I know its something u dont wanna hear anne when ur feelin so bad. U just wanna know for sure everythings guna get better huh. ? At least on here u can converse with ppl who get it thats half the battle xx
    • Posted

How are you? I have talked to a friend and am of a mind to ask dr for different anti depressant. He has given mr vortioxetine to try but i am unsure as the reviews are not great.  I have also heard valdoxan is very good so may try to change to that. Hoping for some feedback on these.  Meantime trying to get through each day is so hard.  Saw my friend out with another for coffee yesterday and felt that used to be me, what has fone wrong imcant face gym or yoga i used to,love.
    • Posted

Aww u will get back to that ann it doesnt seem like it now but yr brain chemicals are all over the place xx you dont feel grt now so theres no reason y not to try a diff one. Xx im a lot better than i was still tired and got chronic insomnia. Depression lifting and not as anxious but still a little struggle there. Had a tooth out yday a stubborn failed root canal one so in a bit of pain but ok hun. Xx get well wishes xx
    • Posted

Have seen dietitian who has taken wheat and gluten out of diet. Still feel awful and ibs d has turned to ibs c. How can i ask for another anti dep when every time i change i get more nausea?  Tried to put question on this site re valdoxan but no replies.  What is everyone on that helps anxiety and depression without stomach problems
    • Posted

Hi ann ive not been on that one thts y i couldnt help. But the dr could try u on domperidone alongside a new anti dep which has helped for me in the past as its used to trest nausea or mottillium i once had which moved food along quicker through the digestive system causing me less problems xx now i only use buscopan for the ibs but still on lansoporazole & ranitidine @ night to control the acid reflux xxx

• Posted

Have been given ranitidine now while we thinkmofmchanging anti dep. as i dont have a gallbladder or acid reflux do younthinkmimshould take it and would it help morning nausea?  Never taken it before.
    • Posted

i think we both had gallbladder out - wondering if this nausea is coming from that previous surgery.  I cannot feel any a id reflux since then but maybe its there and ineed ranitidine to control it.  Really unsure about adding in more meds.
    • Posted

Oh unsure xxxx i didnt get the nausea after gallbladder op xx
    • Posted

Im finding it so hard to deal with the constant depression and anxiety alongside the nausea due to the fact that each time they try to introduce a new antidepressant it gives me nausea, alongside the other side effects.  St dont know what to do next. The psychiatrist is doing his best but i am wondering if none of his meds will be able to be tolerated due to the nausea. My current anti dep is a small 7.5 mirtazapine and i am be coming more reliant on diazepam to help my anxiety through the day. Sometimes up to 7mg.

It is so long till my next psych appt I wonder if I should try to bring it forward, or if I should get nausea under control first.  Chicken and egg.

• Posted

I would try bring yr appt forward xxx with the psych. C wat happens xxx bless yr heart xx
    • Posted

Well, still here and still going through it all. How are you doing?

at least the dietitian visits have stopped most of the ibs which is good, but i cannot shake the morning nightmares waking me.   I am left with low dose mirtazapine and diazepam 2mg for daytime.   I think the mirtazapine is causing the nightmares.  Eventually see psych this week. He wants to try adding a small dose of risperidone, i am worried avout that as its for vipolar and i dont have that. I am frightened to take it in case it increases the anxiety.

feel totally let down by nhs as they cannot give appts regularly and dont seem to have answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.