Nausea, pain and suspected gall bladder issue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. I am hoping for some reassurance/ advice on my problems. I have been suffering from 'IBS' symptoms for over 20 years. I have had upper endoscopies and colonoscopies which revealed nothing more than some polyps in my large intestine. However, I have occasionally suffered from painful 'attacks' in my right side, just below my ribcage, which have increased in frequency. I have nausea after eating (i just ate a low fat yoghurt for lunch and feel really sick). I had an attack about 2 weeks ago and was actually sick after eaing some fried food. I had bad pain in my right side which I couldn't seem to lessen. It got better after a couple of days. I am regularly very itchy and most of the time I have tenderness just below my ribcage. I have lost nearly a stone in weight over the last month, but only these last few days gone 'low/no fat'. I get very painful 'spiky feeling' bloating and diarrhoea 5+ times a day when it's bad. What I pass is often pale with undigested food and never looks 'normal'. I am tired all the time as well.

I saw my GP last week and asked if my gallbladder could be checked and am being referred for an ultrasound scan.

Am I over-reacting? Could it be something else?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like your gallbladder. I had mine out last month, but I never had the typical right sided pain. Eat bland foods when you can, and stay hydrated. Good luck to you. 
    • Posted

Not a whole lot better, sad to say, but I believe I have other health problems. Trying to get it figured out, but slow going. I didn't have the typical gallbladder problems to begin with, and the surgeon told me from the outset that my gallbladder might now be my only problem. Hopefully you get in quick, and get the relief you need. Let us know
  • Posted

Hi sweetie

It does sound like your Gallbladder and hopefully you won't have to wait to long for the scan. I was diagnosed with IBS over 10 years ago and would have bouts of what you describe that lasted for weeks then would be okay for months. It was not until recently ( january ) when I started to suffer with immense pain leading to A&E admissions that I was scanned, I was diagnosed with multiple gallstones and am currently on the list awaiting removal. I have found the longer it goes on the worse my symptoms are becoming and I now suffer mist days. Stick to a low fat diet as this does help and let us know when you get your scan x

• Posted

Thank you, E11eth. One good thing about this, I suppose, is the weight loss. However, I shouldn't really lose any more! I am trying to stick to low fat food, but had a special meal out yesterday (Indian...it was delicious!) and am suffering today! Am sitting at my desk and in quite a lot of pain, and dreading having to home visit a client in an hour! 
    • Posted

Hi sweetie

I'm with you on the weight loss, I have lost 2 and a half stone now since October and am in serious danger of dissappearing lol, it was great at first but now have definetley lost far too much!

Glad you enjoyed the Indian and hope you start to feel better soon, drink plenty of water and if is bloating and reflux that your suffering with chew some rennies they do help a little x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.