Nausea, pain, loss of appetite.. Gastro? IBS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Was dealing with indigestion - i suffer from it all the time and it didn't seem any worse than normal. 

Went for a jog, felt nauseous which lasted for four days and could barely eat. This then turned into upper stomach pain taking my breath away. Visited GP got anti sickness, omeprazole and gaviscon.  

Now ten days later can barely eat, have no appetite, nauseous and often painful diarrhea. The severe gripping upper pain has stopped but now feels like bowel pain. Last week stools were black then they went bright orange... 

Could this still be my tummy suffering from gastric? I know it's only been ten days but am so glum & trying to soldier on at work and so on... Am 5lbs down and coping on buscopan, gaviscon and omeprazole but only just. Feel like a nuisance at the GP as no fever or high heart rate...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You need to go back to your GP.

You are not a nuisance, blood in your stool should always be investigated.

Don't eat fatty spicy, sugary or acid foods and drinks. 

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Have you eaten any iron rich foods like lettuce or spinach which can make your stools black? Have you eaten anything you would not normally eat? Try a food diary to see if any foods are causing this.  If you already have indigestion, these other symptoms could also be digestive related.

IBS is a possibility if your pain is now lower abdominal (bowel pain).  Does your pain move about your stomach or is it localised in one spot?   Bowel habit change, nausea, and stomach pain that moves about can be signs of IBS.  Does Buscopan help your pain? Buscopan is an IBS medication.

• Posted

I've literally barely eaten anything - some yoghurt drinks and can manage toast. Strong smells make me nauseous,  The pains seem to originate in upper tummy but i also had lower stomach pain which did move about and were very painful. I took Buscopan which helped and thankfully that episode has passed. 

Mornings are not too bad and i feel almost normal but as the day wears on it gets worse. Last night was a boring pain in middle/right side.  Black stools are gone although I've no doubt they were linked to the crazy intense pain i had at that time. 

But, it's morning now & I am hopeful i will feel better for longer.. Probably just need to schedule another trip to annoy the dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.