Nausea, stomach tension

Posted , 7 users are following.

For about an hour now I've been feeling really sick, like I'm about to throw up. This is extremely uncommon for me as the last time I puked was ten years ago, and rarely is my nausea ever of the seriously close to puking variety. 

I noticed that there's a lot of tension in my stomach area. I can relax the muscles there for a little while but if I stop focusing it'll go back to being tight again. When I press on it, it feels hard but not rock solid. I have to sit straight up or it feels like there's a big weight in my stomach that I'm crushing with my skin.

I've tried laying in different positions, sitting down, walking about, and none of it seems to ease the tension or the nausea. 

Is there any way to relieve the sort-of pressure in my stomach and maybe get rid of the nausea, and what could've caused this? I ate some KFC earlier but that typically doesn't upset my stomach, though my digestive problems have lately been very unpredictable. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I suppose I could just be hungry-when I'm hungry, I feel a bit cold and uncomfortable in my stomach, and it does feel a little colder than usual. But still, the tension is definitely bothering me so any sort of solution is more than welcome.

• Posted

Hi angel-baby

Perhaps the KFC was not up to scratch causing your nausea...just drink liquids until the nausea passes. Don't eat anything at least not anything heavy let whatever is causing the nausea wash out of your system with plenty of liquids...best wishes....

• Posted

Processed foods are not good for the gut. Eliminate all proceesed foods from your diet and cook from scratch to see if your nausea goes away.  If no better after a week, see your doctor.
  • Posted

try warm water cow brand baking soda  read if digestible kind drink slow rub belly around two hands....if its in your throat  burning acid reflux bloating is indigestion.. glutan dark chocolat eating to faast nervousness.
  • Posted

Are you having any pain more on the left side and into your lower back ?
    • Posted

i wasn't before but now my left lower back kinda hurts when i sit a certain way, and there's a stabby pain behind my belly button...is that bad?

• Posted

It's hard to diagnose abdominal pain have you had any test done on your pancreas . My pain started on my left side and then into my lower back .

• Posted

No...but my back pain could possibly be related to my scoliosis. For the most part my pain is in the digestive system and not my back. That only happens every once in a while...
  • Posted

Instead of listening to Tom, Dick and Harry why don't you go to the Doctor?

• Posted

I go to the doctor when even the slightest thing arises. I've been in and out of the hospital five or six times this month and every single thing has come up clear. My doctor has been telling me to stop psyching myself out over small things and stop making appointments every other day. My extreme anxiety has a way of making me worry about things that most people would not otherwise take any notice of, so I need to be cautious when dealing with doctors. That's why.

• Posted

You've just answered your own question so i'd get the anxiety sorted. You need to get to the root cause of it. In and out of hospital 6 times in a month and nothing wrong?

• Posted

DRS ARS PRACTITIONERS THEY ALSO LEARN FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT DRS.. SO KEEP READING AND GO WITH THE GUT.....EAT GOOD FOOD EAT SLOW... DO NOT OVER EAT WITH TIME AND AGE YES OUR ORGANS GET ABUSED

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.