nausea.... thought I was going mad!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've just found + been reading all your discussions, I was prescribed levothyroxine in August last year + have been + am still suffering from nausea + have been feeling like I'm going mad with it! Nowhere on the tablets info leaflet does it mention nausea! I've been go today as experiencing few other side effects + he adv me stop taking + book blood test as only on 25mg. So glad I've seen this now + if i have start taking again will try taking at night. Phew i'm not alone!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sarah - and no you;re really not alone. 25 mcg is the lowest dose you can be on and sometimes if you just supplement the vitamins and minerals your thyroid needs to work well you might not need to medicate at all. The doctor should test for folate, ferritin, B12 and D - if any of these are low it can stop the thyroid from working effectively.
    • Posted

Thanx for this hopefully my bloods will reveal u doMr need meds in future fingers crossed
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, some people are allergic to the additives in levothroxine tablets. Also most information sheets found in the packets don't have a list of side effects of normal use. The drug manufacturers take the view that if you have any strange effects you are either on too much or too little - not that you may be reacting to the tablets themselves. If the symptoms persist once you have reached you optimum dose, you could your pharmacist to change to a different brand. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Yea if I need them in future I will Dec ask about diff brand too. Thanx
  • Posted

Thank you...I have always been anti-prscription drugs and held out as long as I could ...I started taking the pills at night as well and the last two days I have felt more energized...I hope this is the answer to my issues...Thank you for your input.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.