Nausea, tiredness, loss of appetite after RAI Treatment, has anyone else experienced this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good Evening,

In May I was diagnosed with Graves Disease and hyperthyroidism.  Initially my Endocrinologist prescribed Tapazole but I had a terrible allergic reaction, so RAI treatment was ordered.  On 7/13/18 I received 29.8 mCi RAI treatment.  For the first day or two afterwards i felt fine, however by day 3 I started having nausea, extreme tiredness  and loss of appetite.  Additionally, I have been feeling extremely emotional , very teary.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Do you have any recommendations to overcome the nausea?  How long should I expect it to last?  Thank you in advance for you information and advice. - Darrenkim

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you should call your Endocrinologist, this sure doesn’t sound right to me. You my be having another reaction. I have seen so many problems with this condition. I am almost afraid to see an Endocrinologist from all the stories I have read.  I don’t know Thai could feel much worse though.

let your doc know, andfindout ifit is a short side effect or an allergic reaction.

Prayers

• Posted

Thank you for your advise.  I will call my Endoc tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.