Nausea, upset stomach is it all part of menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, first post. Every so often I get IBS symtoms and feelings of nausea alog with slight dizziness. Are these part of the menopause symptoms? It's like my symptoms go round in circuits. At the moment when I go to wee, I don't get that feeling of relief lol then all these symptons go and I just have the odd sweat. I also suffer from fatigue on and off but I also have an under active thyroid, possible type 2 diabetes and lots of joint/muscle pain. My blood test has confirmed that I'm going through the menopause, doc said one of  my hormones is 9 and the other is 30 but I'm not sure which one. I've not really had a period for nearly a year, had a bit of a one in June but nothing much. I'm 51 and also carrying around nearly 3 stone in extra weight that I can't shift for love nor money. Can't decide which sympton belongs to which health problem. Basically I think I'm due for the glue factory lol. Thanks for reading. 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Your comment about being ready for the glue factory gave me a giggle, and during this whole wonderful, not, menopause journey, laughs are few and far between, so thank you. You,ve mentioned some symptoms, but I know there are many, many more. I was around your age when I started hrt. I then forgot about the menopause for several years.  However, too long a story tonight, but suffice to say I am back to feeling, almost, normal again and although I have not very good moments, most of them pass. I hope you improve too, and will not need that visit to the glue factory! Take care x 
    • Posted

Thank you, glad to be of assistance lol. You have to laugh, it's like come on, what other crap are you gonna throw at me! What can you do , you just have to plod on. My mum cheered me up (not) when she was telling me the doctor said the sweats never go and someone was telling her about a woman at 83 who still gets them so just think of all the fun that's still to come, take care x

• Posted

You poor thing! I don't know what to say as I am only 45 and still getting periods. I thought the joint and muscle pain was bad enough without all the other stuff you mentioned. I only joined this forum last night but today I am going to go buy some glucosamine, Epson salts for the bath, and have a walk in the sunshine. Let's see how that goes for me.

I'm pretty sure you still have some good days ahead 😋

• Posted

Thanks. I'd walk in the sun except

1. We live in England and don't get any.

2. I hate the flipping sun lol gives me headache.

To be honest I'm not too bad, it's just the stomach and the nausea at times, thankfully I'm on holiday from work at the moment but heyho, you just have to try and plod on. I've started taking the WellWoman vitamins with Star flower, they may work a bit who knows, I'll give anything a try lol. Take care. You know where to come for a chat x

• Posted

Hey

Let me know how you go with the vitamins. I'm in Australia so yeah, probably a bit more likely to get my daily dose of sunshine. I bought a supplement that is MSM and glucosamine so let's see how that goes. Good luck x 

• Posted

Forgot to say I do get head-spins quite often but could be just dehydration.. have you tried drinking more water?
  • Posted

Missust

first i must say that you have a great sense of humor and that is music to my eyes to read biggrin

i have posted here a few weeks, and just am focused on my main curse that others pale in comparison and that is ofcourse depression,

BUT...there are so many other symptoms that i havent gotten into only because it is as if im just whining and going on when i should be grateful for every single day i have. and I AM i truly AM grateful.

Yes the symptoms seem to blur after awhile..

but i do have nausea when im feeling the beginning of anxiety, i have no appetite, just gross nausea and thirst that is not quenched . ive lost about 8 lbs now and people think im doing it on purpose..i simply dont want to eat,a and i dont look good but dont care.

No you are not due for the glue...factory! yes the aches and pains, fatigue its alllll part of this dreadful silent disease that science doesnt want to figure out or at least advocate for...

(both of the numbers you mention are low --im guessing progesterone and estradiol.) super low like mine

be well and hang in there smile

kauaiblue

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the rely. Sorry to hear that you feel so rotten, makes my symptons seem not so bad. Mind you, I have felt like you and the doc gave me some pills, I took one and felt so bad that I thought I can't carry on with these until they get into my system and keep working so I decided against them. Are you on any medication? If you need to vent, you know where to come, that rather large queue going round the block!! As females we have to deal with enough crap without this being thrown at us but we will get through it. Can you imagine some males going through it lol. I'd pay to see that. Take care, come and chat anytime x

• Posted

Hello

Boy I could write a book on this bs ughhh my best description of perimenopause it's like puberty and pregnancy symtptoms I love it when the nausea comes out of nowhere then I'm eating crackers and ginger ale like I'm preggo then there's the pimples and not knowing when I will get another period there's the puberty part and so many other symptoms that we all are going thru....my blood work has come back normal but my primary put my diagnosis as perimenopause he said the blood work isn't the whole story he goes by the symptoms it would be nice to actually feel good everyday there is another symptom comes on then goes away I'm like really? Lol gotta have a sense of humor that's for sure or I would be crying everyday lol

• Posted

I feel you r pain lol. When the doc finally said that I was going thru the menopause, I came out punching the air like yeah!! I think hubby thought I was mad but basically it was at least one diagnosis that I had been given so knew what I was dealing with. Our doctors don't usualyy do the blood tests until you've had no periods for a year so it's muddle along until then. I know what you mean about the symptoms, just add another to the list then they go and something else takes it's place until it's time for them to return. Last night I was laid in bed thinking I've not had the twitching legs for a while and low and behold there they were twitching like mad and kicking out as I'm trying to get to sleep. Oh the joys of being female!! Here's to the next symptom lol x

• Posted

Hahha!!!!! Thank God my dr even said the blood tests don't show the whole picture he said your symptoms are telling me a story tho because I am a nurse and we have worked together in the past he will do whatever I want with blood work so I have my hormones checked since my cholesterol is on the high side I'm like might as well check! I'm still waiting on my period that I was suppose to get last month I got it July 1 so my period tracker had me getting it at the end of the month here we are almost the middle of August and nothing thank god but I have had a ton of hot flashes ughhhh fun fun fun I'm hot then cold then hot then cold seriously.... gotta try and have a sense of humor through all of this 

• Posted

Keep everything crossed!! Well you have to cos of the leaky bladder too lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.