Nausea with celexa

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on celexa before . in 2017 till Nov 2018. was nauseated when I started for about a week. Now I'm on celexa for 2 weeks now, the nausea has not stopped. I remember being nauseated for about a week last time. anyone else have this happen ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

weirdly enough my nausea has been pretty bad the second time round. I'm 15 weeks in and still get nausea every so often. peppermint tea or just plain hot water helps. anti nausea tablets make me sleepy so I cant take them through the day lol

• Posted

Tks SJ95753,

I'm in my 3rd week now, on top of nausea, I am getting heartburn and stomach pain. pain was so bad i went to emerg .

the doctor there said continue and take 20mg instead of the 10mg .talked to the pharmacist this morning she said , I shouldnt be feeling worse with my stomach .said to skip today and see if i get relief. not sure what to do at this point .

• Posted

Where is you're stomach pain upper or lower?

Best thing for heartburn prevention is omeprazole (from GP) and Gaviscon, Rennies, Tums for immediate relief from your chemist.

If you're having lower abdo pain, Buscopan is really good. I even use it for period pain.

Side effects are temporary it's up to you whether you want to stick it out or go back to your gp. 2 weeks is still early.

• Posted

SJ95753, Tks for your reply.

upper part of stomach , I'm now taking Omprazole twice a day . doctor wants me to continue at 10mg , till stomach settles down . I stared March 14, it's a month now ....i was on celexa since 2017 was nauseated for 2 weeks then went away .I was on it since last Dec. it's odd that I'm getting such bad stomach issues. of most of the things I have tried celexa seems the one to help with depression

do you think a month is long for this kind of side effect ?

• Posted

i am day one on cit

just come off sert

its scary x

• Posted

Victoria681136,

Love your name , it was my mom's !

I am still feeling nausea with stomach pain. eating lots of yogurt !

going to go to walk in clinic an also talk to the pharmacist. I was in celexa in 2017 till Dec 2018. I was nauseated for 2 weeks.then it went away .not sure why this is happening again that I re-started it.

Hope your day was good. starting first day is hard, as we don't know what side effects will be.

Take deep breaths !

• Posted

victoria68236,

I'm still nauseated and now also heartburn ,it's been a month now ..doctor said to give it a week and then reassess. I have lost my appetite , and the nausea is affecting my day.

I hope your dizziness and headache goes away soon !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.